Are You Human? CAPTCHA Alternative Aims to Outsmart Computers, Not Humans

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Adric, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I always have problems deciphering most CAPTCHA images, so I hope this catches on. IMO, this is much better that the CAPTCHA crud one is often confronted with. The article has a link to a demo.

http://mailing.enews.pcmag.com/t/70018/1558457/2713/65/

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. kupo

kupo Registered Member

I also hope this will replace CAPTCHA, no more unreadable images!!!

3. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Having to click and drag four pictures to a potato head doesn't sound like a time saver or much fun if someone has difficulty with mouse gestures. Hopefully they'll zero in on something that calls on the human brain but requires minimal and effortless action.

4. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Good point about people having problems with mouse gestures. I guess the same holds true for people that are blind etc.. I think solutions such as this are geared towards the majority. Maybe they'll come up with something for the minority as well.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Everytime i register in a big forum/site the part i hate the most is . . . CAPTCHA!! :D

6. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

The better sites using CAPTCHA include an option to display a new (different) image if the one you're first given is really atrocious. Hopefully using that option doesn't count as an unsuccessful attempt (assuming you haven't actually tried entering anything) for the places allowing only a limited number of tries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.