Are you a Sandboxie user?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Tyrizian, Jul 15, 2014.

?

Are you a Sandboxie user?

1. Yes, in Real-time

37.5%
  2. Yes, On-demand

24.0%
  3. No, I don't need it

21.2%
  4. No, I don't like it

11.5%
  5. Never tried it and never will

4.8%
  6. Never tried it, but I plan on it

1.0%
  1. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

I have been a long-time COMODO user and actively participate on the security forums. I can tell you that the COMODO-Sandboxie exclusions method is obsolete; it doesn't work for the vast majority that attempt it.

After assisting hundreds of cases - my suggestion is to stick with one or the other.

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

3. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

Heh, heh... comboing CIS & SBIE is kind of pointless - if you ask me - and I use a few security softs together. I'm not interested in the multi-multi security config.

Better to combo CIS with AppGuard. In fact, SBIE with AppGuard - and a good adblocker - are more than sufficient for vast majority of users.

Thanks bo !

4. bo elam

What I think is best for using with SBIE? For me personally, using NoScript and ABP with the sandboxed Firefox. And then taking the extra steps of sandboxing most programs and files that run in my computers. Over the years, this simple security setup has proven to work and the benefit of totally avoiding conflicts with other programs makes things even better. I mean, I experience 0 problems with SBIE. This doesn't happen by chance.

But for most users, I think its best to use Sandboxie with a simple AV. The simpler the AV, the better. And if they get into the habit of converting third downs into first downs (sandboxing more than just the browse), they not only avoid infections but also conflicts. In the end, that means happy computing.

Bo

5. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

It all comes down to user habit(s) - safe \ no infection likely, high risk \ infection just a matter of time.

6. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Thanks. But I already tried that. It didn't work.

And honestly, I'm okay with Comodo's sandbox instead.

7. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Basically this. After some time debating and trying out both. I settled for Comodo.

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Answer: Yes, On-Demand Only

And used in combo with Shadow Defender, nothing, and I mean nothing at all is yet to break thru such a pair for me on Windows from XP to 8.1

tzuk did many end users a fabulous favor for the entire windows community in this piece of work of his. (formerly now)

9. bo elam

He sure did, Easter. Before Tzuk left, in private conversations, I told him that regardless what happened with Sandboxie in the future, I already had gotten plenty from it, and anything else was like gravy. I also wrote and I quote:
    "......you gave us Sandboxie and I ll always remember you and appreciate what you have done for me/us.

I am a totally different user now that what I was when I discovered Sandboxie, I owe that to you and Sandboxie."

Bo

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  10. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

And Invincea is carrying on his tradition in a first rate way. It truly is a superb piece of software.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.