Are theseTrojans?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by hangtime, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hangtime

hangtime Registered Member

Hi all , just found this site and decided to do a kaspersky online scan. came up with the following below. A friend told me that Java will give false positives , someone else told me that java (sun) is a security risk. I'm on broadband using patched XP Pro , Zyxel 660hw router (NAT firewall), XP firewall , AVG free and Spy Subtract Pro. Are the results below a security risk? And is it ok to delete the files without screwing up my java which i use for my banking? Many thanks.

C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\count.jar-1101e5-29c03bf0.zip/BlackBox.class Infected: Exploit.Java.ByteVerify

C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\count.jar-1101e5-29c03bf0.zip/VerifierBug.class Infected: Exploit.Java.ByteVerify

C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\count.jar-1101e5-29c03bf0.zip/Beyond.class Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.aa

C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\count.jar-1101e5-29c03bf0.zip Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.aa

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hi hangtime, Welcome to Wilders!

If you are unsure, I would recommend downloading and scanning your computer with a good anti-trojan such as: Both are free and very good. Do a full system scan with either of them and see if they find anything.

Let us know if you find anything :)

Good Luck

3. hangtime

thanx for the help but i deleted my cache in java and run another Kas online scan and this seemed to have worked. Many thanx

4. big4guy

big4guy Registered Member

Hi,

I definetley think u should do a through system scan using a trojan scan software. However, the problem with such softwares is that they might not detect all trojans. Even if you cleaned most of them, some trojans still remain. I recommend you show your computer to an expert, if possible. Just to be sure.

Regards
    big4guy

http://www.big4guy.com

5. hangtime

big4guy , i understand what u are saying , unfortunately around my neck of the woods competent computer professionals are few and far between. I'll probably nuke it. Time for a format anyway. Thanx

6. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hey hangtime.

If you feel a format and reinstall is a must, then good luck.

I personally never format and reinstall. I have spent 2 weeks working on 1 machine, but I didn't have to format it and I got it working properly again.

I recommend downloading Ewido and run a full system scan. I would also recommend using Ad-Aware, SpywareBlaster, and Spybot S&D. Keep them up-to-date and scan somewhat often and you'll maintain a clean system.

The choice is yours obviously, but I recommend trying to clean it first :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.