Are there plans about improvements of NOD's Trojans detection ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Steel, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Are there concrete plans, against which for a long time admitted, typical weaknesses of NOD very small detecting of Trojans ?

In the AV range is NOD Top, however with Trojanern seems NOD to still be very weak.

The new V3 will change in it first nothing. Because, this engine within the V 3 seems the same as in the 2.7. Is that correct?

So, it needs a big and very strange improvement to get everywhere the first place.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Re: Are there plans about imrovements of NOD's Trojans detection ?

I am not aware of any problems in ESET products detecting trojan horses . Trojan can be everything and is the most common threat nowadays .

About ESET detecting less trojans than the competition , you have read it somewhere on tests for sure. However , tests are tests and nothing else , they are made to demonstrate overalls program capability to detect malware . In my opinion , when looking tests one should only care about program's overall detection rate and if it is good or not (pass or not) . For example in many tests ESET reach 90%+ detection rate and even more , which is excellent. You can never know what have been used for testing , if it is real threat exactly . Real world is always different than any test.

It must also be noted that many of the threats cannot live in modern environments , they may not even install - Windows itself can be secure , user - educated , first class product updated and no matter what the test results show your chances to get infected are ~zero

3. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Which we do not misunderstand ourselves. I love NOD and use it for years.
    But, I read also very attentively IBK' test. And there always again the same weaknesses are to be almost seen with NOD for years. Ok one, also the same strengths. Nevertheless ESET should fight here finally times the completely concrete weaknesses. ESET knows IBK's test nevertheless also. However one sees a positive development year by year exactly with these weaknesses hardly.

4. swami

swami Registered Member

So, how many trojans have got past your defence? Let's say for the past 6 months.

5. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi!

We can't say how many trojans NOD detects, because it includes virus signatures, generic signatures, emulation and heuristic. Eg. when threat is detected by generic signatures and its expansion is small, there is no point to add sample of this threat. These informations Eset gets via ThreatSense.Net technology.

:thumb:

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I think swami is reffering to Steel's post :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.