Are there firewalls involved?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mandakw30, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandakw30

mandakw30 Registered Member

I recently downloaded SpywareBlaster, and it's sped up my computer a little. I give it credit anyways. But... I'm not sure about this... Is there anything with firewalls involved with SpywareBlaster? I have a program that will not run... and I just thought that might be a possibility. So, to make it short, does SpywareBlaster have any firewall options?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Can you explain the problem you are having in more detail? SpywareBlaster does only two things - it sets the "kill-bits" in the registry for a specific known list of spyware related ActiveX controls, and it blocks a particular list of cookies in IE6. But, that's all it does. It does not control or regulate a PC's network connection at all, and it has not firewalling capability.

With more details maybe we can help to figure out the problem.

3. amandakw30

amandakw30 Guest

Well, the program I am talking about is a MUD client, and it hasn't been connecting. (I got the MUD client and SpywareBlaster around the same time) A friend told me a possible reason for this could be a firewall. I don't know much about firewalls or either program for that matter. So basically, i'm just trying to find any answers I can... considering I don't know where to start. Sorry if this is way off or something... but I figured I would try here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.