Are there any Download Managers for IE?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheMozart, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Are there any download managers that integrate into IE that allows RESUME support for downloads?

I am trying to download AIK from Microsoft website, but it won't allow copy and paste of URL into a download manager. It's one of those downloads that you click on and IE only recognises once it's clicked and begins to download.

But the problem is that in IE if the download breaks, I have to start all over again. :'(

Any solution?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

IE´s integrated downloader supports resumes. If the download is paused or interrupted, it can resume it from the same point. So does the downloader integrated in Firefox.

Internet Download Manager can also be used with either browser.

3. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

Take a look at this, it's especially for downloading from Microsoft sites and you can pause and resume, etc.

4. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I am using Vista and latest IE. But when the download stalls and disconnects, I have to start from 0 and it does NOT resume.

So why do you say IE resumes downloads when it doesn;t?:blink:

And IDM doesn't work on all webpages. Some webpages need you to actually click on the link before it can download and a copy and paste of link won't work. Not sure why some webpages do that, very annoying :(

Here is one example:

www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=10333

5. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

It doesn't work :thumbd:

Try it for yourself and see...try downloading the file called "vista_6000.16386.061101-2205-LRMAIK_EN.img" using the download manager you posted, and see it DON'T WORK.:'(

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=10333

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  6. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Does anyone know how I can download "vista_6000.16386.061101-2205-LRMAIK_EN.img" with RESUME support?

7. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Download Accelerator Plus lets you resume downloads which don't support resuming:
    http://www.speedbit.com/always_resume/

8. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

9. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Did you validate before clicking the download link? I haven't tried it, since I won't be wasting my time with it (validating and all that), but I did download it in the past; and recently downloaded some programs from Microsoft, the same way WAIK is available to download.

I got no issues before.

I downloaded it with FDM, if it makes any difference.

If it still doesn't work, for whatever reason, then you could try and see if you could can find a direct download link at Softpedia/similar website.

10. m00nbl00d

By the way, does anyone know if Microsoft Download Manager is upgraded via Windows Update?

11. roger_m

I haven't even used DAP for many years, I just remembered that DAP could resume from downloads which don't support it.

As for this file, I don't know of any other download managers which might be able to resume the download.

12. m00nbl00d

I gave Microsoft Download Manager a try, and I never realized it was so basic. I'd expect to be able to create download groups, for example.

Wouldn't you consider such functionality a basic thing?

13. roger_m

I had not problem resuming the download with FlashGet, so shouldn't be an issue for any download manager with resume. Don't know why you had problems with DAP.

14. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

You're right, it doesn't work. Never would have thought that, a MS download manager that doesn't work with an MS download....

I can confirm, however, that DownThemAll! with Firefox does a fabulous job on that download.

15. jaodsvuda

jaodsvuda Registered Member

Talkin´about free stuff,LeechGet is now abandoned and therefore free & unleashed ( 8 simultaneous downloads...).It´s faster than browser´s native downloaders :

" LeechGet is a download manager that uses a very nice, modern, Microsoft Outlook-like user interface and seamlessly integrates into Internet Explorer, allowing you to easily start and manage your downloads.

In addition, LeechGet provides many features, such a automatic downloading, resume of broken downloads, a download timer, automatic hang-up and shutdown and more. A built-in web parser lets you download complete website with all images and scripts in no time. LeechGet also provides a history of your downloaded files, sorted by day, week and month. Additional features include a file drop icon, a speed monitor and much more.

It's the ideal download manager for daily or infrequent use to make your downloads easier, faster and more colourful. It's genuinely free for private use, too. "

You can get it from File Hippo : xxtp://www.filehippo.com/download_leechget/

16. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

I'm trying "Free Download Manger " it's Looking Good i find it better than

Orbit downloader

if you can spare some bucks get Internet Download Manger
    it worth every Peny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.