Are the compatibility issues with Agnitum's firewall now resolved?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by _Rupert_, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Rupert_

_Rupert_ Registered Member

Hey.

Pretty much as the title suggests, back when NOD32 v3 was released, I'm pretty sure there were problems with people's systems who had NOD32 v3 and Outpost Firewall Pro.

I have no idea whether this was Agnitum's or ESET's fault.. or a bit of both, but I was wondering whether NOD now play's nicely with Outpost.

This is something I can't test myself for a few days... so was interested to hear what people said.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32 has always played nicely with Outpost .

I don't know for sure what problems you are talking about but it must be "the popular" local proxy . There is nothing to fix in this , it is ESET NOD32 and Smart Security design . ^Fixing it^ will mean global change to the whole desing and architecture of the software .

If you don't want ekrn.exe route the traffic of the the applications that use POP3 and HTTP , you can always disable the protocol filtering or limit it to (a) certaint application(s) such as nothing but your web-browser only (for example)

3. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

outpost is incompatible with itself:argh: maybe they will get it right with v7:shifty:

4. wrathchild

wrathchild Registered Member

In general, NOD32 v3 and Outpost don't have any incompatibility.

Personaly I've never had any problems with any version of Outpost Firewall Pro but I had with ESS and EAV.

5. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.