Are PG Protection Statistics Misleading?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by worldcitizen, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passing thru

passing thru Guest

I find that insulting, Rich, since none of the above remotely describe my motives for posting. I hope yours is not the prevailing attitude here.

Nick (aka nick s)

2. poll2

poll2 Guest

It would be simple for you to register your account, as simple for me to post as pollmaster. Me thinks Richrf is just using this as an excuse whenever he is shown to be wrong.

3. poll2

poll2 Guest

Personally I don't doubt, you or people like Richrf get excellent service. Generally if you are some guy who posts regularly here, or some big shot beta tester, responses tend to come quickly. You build up relations early and vendors quickly start to value you because of your position as an opinion leader.

Some random guy is like lessly to get as much attention as you.

I remember reading Richrf making some noise about how the people at safe n sec weren't as responsive as Diamond CS guys. just because he posted in their forum and there wasn't an immediate answer.

On the other hand, some other guys swear by their excellent support. :)

4. poll2

poll2 Guest

Well the more closely related to the company, the more suspect your opinion becomes. Surely you agree.

To say that we are all beta testers in one form or another misses the point.

This is not some guy who downloads a software that is available to the public for testing.

When someone becomes so entwined with a company that he is privy to information not known to the public (eg Peter2150 hinting about new product features that he cannot reveal yet), I think it is healthy to treat his opinions with some degree of skeptism.

This has no bearing at all on how honest the person is or not. That is why disclosure/disclaimers with regards for related parties are generally done after all.

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

To all:

The discussion of the relative weight to apply to a anonymous vs. registered vs. beta test poster vs. other comments, although interesting in general, is seriously off topic in this thread and this forum.

If you wish to debate this topic, feel free to start a dedicated thread in an appropriate forum here (say Other Security Issues), it may be a discussion of general interest. Otherwise, let's stay on the nominal topic.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.