Are exe files as secure as cse?

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Tuggboat, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuggboat

Tuggboat Registered Member

I always wanted thought exe option was a nice one but I just started wondering. How secure is it compared to the regular file. I'm thinking that cracking it wouldn't be any harder than hacking a license code. Inside every executable lie the seeds of its own destruction. Meaning the passwords in there somewhere and some how.

How many measures at hackproofing that executable are used and should I use it only for things of a little lesser value and its obvious convenience. If someone cracked it once would that threaten everybodies security.

Please tell me softice sends a self destructive processor melting command when asked to look inside my exe :D

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Hi Tuggboat, the EXE files CryptoSuite makes are just as secure as the regular .CSE files. The only difference between the EXE files and CSE files is that there is a part of the CryptoSuite program (which is used to decrypt the contents) attached to the EXE file.

Passwords aren't stored in any of the files. In the CryptoSuite helpfile you will find some useful information on what is done to passwords to make them secure in CryptoSuite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.