Are 2 AntiSpyware Programs Recommended?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by MarcGabi, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcGabi

MarcGabi Registered Member

Are two different antispyware programs recommended or not?

2. gery

gery Registered Member

it is ok if they are on-demand scanners but it is not recomanded to have two active antivirus or antispyware scanners running at the same time.
    besides why do you need twoo avtive scanners for?

3. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

SAS and MBAM w/ real-time enabled can co-exist just fine.

4. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hi there,

Nowadays, nearly all AntiVirus programs on the market whether freeware or payware include definitions to fight spyware and the majority of them run on real-time hence, all you need to complement this is an On-demand only anti-spyware.
    That way, you've got 2 A/S which is what you are looking for, right?

Hope this helps

Carlos

5. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I wouldn't recommend relying on just an antivirus program for protection against spyware. It's better to have at least one good antispyware program with real-time protection. Just make sure it doesn't conflict.

On demand only ? So it's okay if your credit card data are stolen and sent to whoever collects those and you just learn about this after it has already happened ? Just an example.

This is for novice users, 'experts' can deal with these issues in very different ways.

6. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Just to clarify, I did not suggest the OP to rely only on AV for spyware protection. What I wrote was that the majority of the AVs are improving their spyware detection over time but, as all we now, there is no program that can catch 100% of all threats.
    That's why I suggested him to back his AV up using an antispyware program for on-demand scanning, like for example SAS.

Best regards,

Carlos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.