Archives not available after Windows upgrade

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by s660117, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s660117

s660117 Registered Member

Hi,
    I have just purchased a Windows 7 machine and had planned on restoring my Windows Vista file backups on the new PC. But when I installed Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2010 under Windows 7, I was surprised to see that all archives - including file level archives - were greyed out and unavailable. The window in the upper left showed all archive files, but they remained inaccessible.
    I'm wondering whether anything can be done to make the archives available for restore.
    Thanks in advance,
    s660117

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Are you able to "add" them again to your archive? Can you Select/Delete the greyed out entries as well, first?

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't use Paragon for file backups, only images of my C drive OS/Apps.

Can you just switch to "File View" instead of "Archive View" and access them? I dislike databases for what I consider a maintenance program - prefer to deal with archive files directly but that's me.

If the archives are there you should be able to put them into the database as suggested by wptski.

You should also be able to access them with the recovery CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.