Archived Apps?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dw2108, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Many of us have a great many AV/AS/AM/HIPS apps from the past century to the present. The fact is: many people need these apps but they're no longer around -- e.g. SSM, Kerio 2.1.5 (REMOVED FROM oldversion.com) ,etc.

Is there some place on the web where we can upload these files to share with others while violating no copyright, patent or itellectual properties crap?

Dave

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

dw2108, while any Web site that illegally housed copyrighted software would eventually be shut down by the owners of such programs, there are still sites, such as the oldversion.com you mentioned, that do archive older applications. Last Freeware Version is also another site, which still has the Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5 cited by you, and to a lesser extent, FileHippo.com also archives many older programs, among their newer offerings.

Do keep in mind that many of these older applications could be susceptible to viruses, bugs, etc., so Caveat Emptor!

3. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

There's a few sites that have a selection of old versions. OldApps is another such site. I contacted a couple of them a while ago and offered brands/versions they didn't list, but never got a response. None of them seem that interested in expanding their selection. IMO, as far as availability and selection is concerned, the most reliable source seems to be P2P, as long as the user knows what they're looking for (file name, approx size, age, etc) and scans/checks the files before installing them.

I'd like to find a site that was serious about collecting old versions and other abandoned software. I've saved copies of a lot of stuff over the years, a couple Gigabytes worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.