archive_db

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Fiery_WA, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiery_WA

Fiery_WA Registered Member

Whenever I do a backup I keep getting this folder archive_db on my J:\ Drive, I have set my backups to my external hard drive which is N:\ .

I have HDM Suite 2011, anyone got any ideas as to how I can stop this folder from being created?

It's not taking a lot of room, it is just annoying

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Archive_db contains list of existing archive files and keep links to the archive location.
    If you want to move the folder to another drive do the following:
    * cut & paste the folder to <drive_letter>:/ (root directory) to get the following address: X:/archive_db/
    * make sure that source folder doesn't exists.
    * run HDM program in full scale.
    * close the program and check if new archive_db doesn't appear on J:/

3. Fiery_WA

Fiery_WA Registered Member

Does it matter the archive_db is on the same drive as the backups? i.e. my external drive?

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

No, it doesn't matter where it is saved. It should be always placed to the internal drive because Paragon program search for this file each time.

There is no need to keep the archives folder together with backups.

5. SplinterCell

SplinterCell Registered Member

Thanks, I was wondering the same things. As a former Clonezilla user who recently encrypted my Windows partition, I must say Paragon has been an awesome alternative. Actually, Paragon has become my imaging choice for unencrypted drives as well. The paid version of Paragon that is.

I just hope it restores as well as Clonezilla did, as I haven't taken the opportunity to try a restore yet.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.