archive_db File of Drive Backup 10

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Waschbaer, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waschbaer

Waschbaer Registered Member

Hello,

recently I had a problem, after deleting a disk partition the archive database of Drive Backup was empty! ??

Later I found a file named archive_db inside a backup , searching the disks for a file of that name I found another file with that name on a different partition. I exchanged that file with that one from my backup and voila, the lost contents of the archive database was there again.

My question is:

If I decide to delete a folder of any partition, how could I be sure, whether inside the folder/subfolder there is that archive_db file or not?

Is the path for that file configurable?

For now this file is stored in a folder containg pictures (??).
    Is it OK to move that file to a more reasonable path?

Thx for any hints,

Waschbaer.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Waschbaer,

archive_db and arcdir are what keep track of where your archives are. If you removed the file/folder, the archive tab will be emptied. Of course you can always re-add the archive. I know in the recent softwares DB10 and BR10, we moved the archive_db folders and unfortunately, we can't config the path.

Furthermore, open the file inside of the archive_db, arcdir with notepad and you'll see what I mean.

3. carlo626

carlo626 Registered Member

hello I tryed to add two backup that where moved from D:\ to F:\ but the free version of B&R 10 fails to import them (it just closes the file search windows and doesn't add anything) - looking inside the arcdir the path still pointing to D:\ - changing that to F:\ - I can see again my backups

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.