archive_db File of Drive Backup 10

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Waschbaer, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waschbaer

Waschbaer Registered Member

Hello,

recently I had a problem, after deleting a disk partition the archive database of Drive Backup was empty! ??

Later I found a file named archive_db inside a backup , searching the disks for a file of that name I found another file with that name on a different partition. I exchanged that file with that one from my backup and voila, the lost contents of the archive database was there again.

My question is:

If I decide to delete a folder of any partition, how could I be sure, whether inside the folder/subfolder there is that archive_db file or not?

Is the path for that file configurable?

For now this file is stored in a folder containg pictures (??).
    Is it OK to move that file to a more reasonable path?

Thx for any hints,

Waschbaer.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Waschbaer,

archive_db and arcdir are what keep track of where your archives are. If you removed the file/folder, the archive tab will be emptied. Of course you can always re-add the archive. I know in the recent softwares DB10 and BR10, we moved the archive_db folders and unfortunately, we can't config the path.

Furthermore, open the file inside of the archive_db, arcdir with notepad and you'll see what I mean.

3. carlo626

carlo626 Registered Member

hello I tryed to add two backup that where moved from D:\ to F:\ but the free version of B&R 10 fails to import them (it just closes the file search windows and doesn't add anything) - looking inside the arcdir the path still pointing to D:\ - changing that to F:\ - I can see again my backups

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.