archive lockups

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kenshin, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenshin

kenshin Registered Member

when i go to extract an archive, ie. .tar, .rar etc, my system basically goes non-responsive, and i assumed this was a scan of some sort from nod32

basically, when i go to extract, delete, or attempt to open an archive file, weird, but only happens with some archives and not others, but, my system goes non-responsive as a scan happens. have an archive thats about 1mb, takes about 5mins before my system will become resposive again to any user input, if the archive is larger than say 500mb, i can expect my system to not respond to any user input for at least an hour

uninstalled nod32, i can open, extract, whatever to any archive, without any sort of scan happening, and no system hangups, so, it is nod32 causing this

any way to fix this, without having to uninstall nod32 completly or going without nod32 protection

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello kenshin

Welcome to the forums.

You might want to mention your system specs with this question. Operating system, other antivirus software you might have on your system, and any other pertinent info that would be helpful to those offering assistance.
    What are the differences in the archives?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.