Archive is corrupted corrupted (0x70020) module 1 error code 502

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jagbits, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jagbits

Jagbits Registered Member

I am getting this error message when validating my backup the last 3 times, beofre that they validated perfecty, nothing has changed: Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated details the archive is
    corrupted (0x70020) module 1 error code 502 (0x101f6
    What do I need to do to fix thiso_O

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The message really means that TI cannot read the archive into RAM and reconstruct the thousands of checksums - only 1 needs to be bad to declare the archive corrupt. In effect, it is more of a "can't read the archive properly" message so anything that would interfere with that process is suspect.

Some typical hardware causes are: bad sector on device holding the archive, if on a HD then bad HD electronics, bad cabling. Bad RAM can cause the problem (and it may not show up in regular PC use), one person had a bad CPU that caused the problem. Too aggressive memory timings in BIOS and overclocking can cause the problem; I mention this in case you made a change to your BIOS.

It is a process of elimination.

Run chkdsk X: /r on the partiton holding the archive since it may have developed a problem - I had this happen to me on a laptop recently. Replace X with the drive letter of the partition being tested.

You can give your RAM a pretty good test with free Memtest86+ available at www. memtest.org . Let it run for at least several passes, overnight is best.

Try making another archive and see if it fails the test. Are you validating in Windows or with the TI boot CD? Try the other and see what happens although since it worked before, something has changed - even if you didn't do it.

3. Jagbits

I am validating by checking the Validate archive when finished box in Acronis, it is an External hard drive that we did reformat last week to NTSF and I believe that's when this started happening..it did the first backup perfectly but every one after that failed for this exact reason....

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Is the one that worked on the external and can you still validate it?

I understand that you cannot validate the "bad" ones by doing a Validate function all by itself (not creating and validating as part of the same task).

Using NTFS should not be any problem but there is one difference in that the archives are now one large file rather than 4GB pieces assuming the archive is over 4GB. Some people have had less trouble with smaller pieces but that should not be an issue - it more likely is because of a marginal hardware problem, IMO.

Did you run chkdsk /r on the external? THat should show up any obvious problems.

5. Jagbits

I created and validated with the same task, I will run chkdsk /r on the external

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jagbits,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

What is the exact title of your product? What is the build number of your Acronis software? You can find out the build number by selecting "Help" option, "About".

Please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image, you can check the respective information here. If the build number differs from the latest one, please download and install the latest build. You can learn more on how to download the latest build here.

If nothing proposed in the previous posts helps, please see the article Troubleshooting Issues with Corrupt Backups for a further investigation.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.