ArcaBit Internet Security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Firecat, Sep 19, 2018.

1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Political comments removed.
    Let's just keep to discussing Arcabit.

2. rodneym

rodneym Registered Member

Sorry...

3. rodneym

Comments from 2 websites, concerning ArcaBit, one from 2016, and one from 2018...

https://avlab.pl/pl/antywirus-arcabit-chroni-teraz-zasoby-sieciowe-przed-atakami-ransomware

A FEW WORDS ABOUT ARCABIT HOME SECURITY
    Considering the crypto-ransomware threats, Arcabit anti-viruses are currently one of the best (if not the best). We have repeatedly confirmed the effectiveness of the SafeStorage mechanism, which plays a key role in the security applications of the Polish Arcabit company. Therefore, the Arcabit Home Security package is especially recommended to those who have had to deal with encryption software in the past.

Flawless cooperation of the anti-virus monitor and SafeStorage mechanism means that the Arcabit antivirus can stop 99.9% of ransomware attacks. The Arcabit project department realizes that they will never be able to stop 100% of attacks and attempts to infect users' computers, therefore they have developed a mechanism to restore data after loss - and most importantly - after encryption by any variations of viruses belonging to the ransomware family. And no matter the encryption algorithm is used, Arcabit can recover these encrypted files in a sequence of several seconds (the SafeStorage module should not be treated equally with backup solutions).

4. rodneym

5. ichito

ichito Registered Member

On AVLab pages you can find a lot of info (unfortunately on Polish only but one can translate it using e.g. Google) about products of this developer
    https://avlab.pl/pl/arcabit-mks-vir

Hi Rodney...could you tell what means "we" in your mention? It could be important for users...especialy like me...from Poland :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  6. rodneym

7. rodneym

8. rodneym

9. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Looks good, thanks @rodneym for the screenshots. There are a few flashes of the old ArcaVir in this product. I wonder if setting the heuristic to high causes more FPs, ArcaBit has kept that setting on medium for well over ten years now by default.

I guess the Ransomware Protection is based on it's Secure Backup and Restore functionality rather than reliance on a BB, but AVLab seems to repeatedly laud it, so it might actually be good.

Could you go into the installed folder for ArcaBit and see what files you can see that are clearly BitDefender? (Stuff like sigs, dlls such as trufos, bdardrv, bdnc, avcuf32/avcuf64, nimbus etc.)

10. rodneym

11. rodneym

Hope that is what you requested ?

12. Firecat

Thanks again sir!

I see BD signature and heuristic engine, anti rootkit engine, quarantine and cloud based whitelisting (this is the only product I know of other than BD itself that uses the BD Photon cloud based scan optimization).

I do not see BitDefender cloud based detection engine or Active Virus Control (Behavioural Monitor) so I guess they are using their own components for this functionality.

Let us know how it fares over time. I will be watching this product with great interest.

13. Firecat

I just saw this name:

I didn't know he is the founder of ArcaBit....13-14 years ago I remember he used to join technical support to help me out with issues....a CEO so hands on with his product should be lauded.

It's overdue, but a big thank you to him, he made me feel quite important as a customer.

14. rodneym

COOL, I love it when businesses do that...It separates them from all other vendors.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.