Apps to run/not run?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SG1, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

While perhaps strictly personal choice, if you were choosing among anti spyware apps to run full-real time, from the apps AVG, A-squared, or Super Anti spyware which would you run?

Seems I have all three going, which suddenly struck me, as about two too many and I thought it was time to kill off two and let just one do the heavy lifting (while online). The others could be just backup scanners.

None of this stuff ever finds/catches anything; no popup warnings about anything (and I think most of it just catches stuff IF you are already infected, tho' I could be wrong about that). Not to mention, each takes up x amount of mem. to run, so... But, if one of the aforementioned apps is designed to pop up a warning about an "evil empire" lurking on the web, I'd be inclined to go with that one.

We practice safe surfing, don't click on any stupid "download this" sort of web things, so I thought it time to perhaps pare things down a bit.

* Also, had bugcheck/reboots, from about 6-7 addresses and thought I'd cut out a few apps here and there to see if it helps on that front too. (I could be reading the debug reports wrong, as I'm not a programmer, but one of the reports does mention part of A-Squared app as a possible culprit - but again, can't say for certain on that).

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Tough choice. 1 would be SAS, closely followed by Asquared, then AVG.

I've only used them on demand (all 3, plus some others) and run Spywareterminator resident. (Happy.)

I do agree that running three together is OTT, and from what I've read, could be counterproductive...no experience of that though.

3. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Id run only SAS realtime. To run those others on demand on a clean system is overkill plus i don't like a2's fp's wich don't get fixed even after submitting. Although on an heavily infected systems a2 does have it's benefits.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

If I had to choose itd be SUPERAntiSpyware for realtime, but really I dont have any AS realtime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.