applying rules in Panda platinum firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by fu77ier, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fu77ier

fu77ier Registered Member

Hi hope you can help ,

I am trying to set my rules in Panda platinum firewall but am having trouble figuring how to do this !

I have previously used ZAP and Kerio and have used site like this one which tell me exactly what rules to apply for my standard programs like iexplorer etc.
    I cant find any site which will help in inputting the rules and being that all firewalls are slightly different i need some help!

One thing which is troubling me is the way you cant move a rule up or down in the advance connection rules part of the program, surely this must be set up different to others cause otherwise you would have to re typr nearly all your rules to input another program?

Am i wasting my time trying to configure Panda ? I just prefer having one program do all my security i thought i would try Panda but am having doubts as one thing it does have is add blocking which i thought should be a must on modern day security suites.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Hi

I believe Panda's firewall is Sygate in disguise, so i don't think you're wasting your time. It's a long since i've used Sygate, but i remember it as being relatively easy to configure, which ofcourse won't help you much, but hopefully someone with Panda/Sygate experience will see this and help out. :)

3. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

You will be wasting your time if you try to email Panda for an answer, so hopefully someone here can help you. I have emailed them litrally dozens of times here lately asking a simple question like how to configure the AV end for Pegasus email, no response and no one here was able to answer that question either(obviously because no one here uses Pegasus with Panda).

4. fu77ier

fu77ier Registered Member

I hope someone can help my problem is understanding how to input the rules i find plenty of info on what rules to use for certain prgrams but the way its set up is split so you have application rules and then a seperate tab advanced settings which i dont know what to put in there .

I tried to configure it using some rules here
    http://www.blarp.com/faq/faqmanager.cgi?file=kerio_genrules&toc=kerio#q1
    for kerio but you get stuck when you start inputting application rules.

5. lozgentle

lozgentle Guest

hi i have just installed panda internet security platinum. and it doesnt let me use the internet. it works if i close the program but not if i disable everything such as the firewall etc. can anyone help me? i am using ntl broadband 1.5mb connected via usb. PLEEASE!!

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I believe that you would insert the advanced rules you want it here

Attached Files:

7. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

If the Advanced Rules is similar to Sygate (and the pic in bigc's post), you would use it for anything that would apply globally to all applications and the system in general. This could be things like defining DNS servers, DHCP servers and ICMP rules.

Use the advanced configuration option in the application rules to refine those further.

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.