Apply config possible?

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Mike1002, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike1002

Mike1002 Registered Member

Hi.

I work in a small PC repair shop, repairing machines with nod business on.

We have the cfg.xml file for each client.

I'm looking for a way to apply the config file post install of nod.

Reasoning:

I want to deploy a generic image with nod installed to each PC and then have the license (and other settings such as remote admin server name) applied to the install.

The only way i can do it at the moment is have separate installs for each client (in 32bit and 64 bit variation - which is taking up a lot of space)

I have found the relevant keys in the registry - but I cant apply them to the machine (getting an error stating it is in use).

Is there either anything I'm missing or a way around my problem?

Thanks,
    Mike.

2. dwood

dwood Registered Member

The only way I can think of do this would be to have an install with the ERA Server configured as part of the install, then when the client on connects to the ERA Server it downloads the correct configure based upon policies defined within the Policy Manager.

Dan

3. Mike1002

Mike1002 Registered Member

Was afraid of that.

Is there any way to kill the eset service so its not in use and i can import the reg file that i need?

Or even any way to make nod NOT launch after installing it so i can import the reg file and then nod kicks in on next reboot?

Thanks for the reply, Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.