Application to prevent process termination

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by n8chavez, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Isn't that exactly what you just did?

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I agree, users would appreciate even a standalone or installer that could prevent ACTIVE processess (any of them) from permanently being closed and instead immediately restarted again and again if needs be.

A useful project for some lucky developer to take serious consideration to fashioning for us.

In the meantime, that feature seems confined to certain HIPS only like SSM and/or others.

I'm certainly in favor of it.

EASTER

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I am too. I've tried using TaskCatcher, and although I can get it installed, I'm not sure that is what O'm looking for. My main security application, SBIE and LnS, are service driven and TC does not protect services, as far as I am aware. It seems that it is only able to protect applications (*.exe).

4. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

this is OA

Attached Files:

• p.gif
      p.gif
      File size:
      10.6 KB
      Views:
  5. arran

arran Registered Member

Comodo 3 has a special feature to prevent process termination for all your security apps, it isn't set by default tho you have to manually change the setting for all your programs. I'm a bit surprised that no body else yet in this thread knows about this comodo 3 feature.

Attached Files:

6. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

This is the feature I was referencing in post #13 :). When combined with the other advice I gave there, I believe you can transform Comodo 3 into a completely alertless program that protects only those programs you specified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.