application rules backup

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by tristantzara, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tristantzara

tristantzara Registered Member

hi everybody,

i just had to fix my winsock because of some problems with NOD and afterwards LooknStop didn't recognize my network interfaces anymore. The list was empty and i reinstalled. I made an application rule backup (i exported the key) but after reinstalling and applying the keyfile the application list was still blank. It didn't work like that. What exactly should one do to backup those entries? I guess i made a mistake...
    thanks
    best,

tt

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi tristantzara,

Not sure if you manually did a registry backup yourself or if you used the Extra Save feature of Look 'n' Stop creating a .reg for you.

There was a bug in the 2.05p2 the .reg creation, for application paths. This has been fixed in the 2.05p3.

Don't forget Look 'n' Stop must be stopped before you start a .reg, otherwise Look 'n' Stop will overwrite the registry when it is closed.

Regards,

Frederic

3. tristantzara

tristantzara Registered Member

Thanks Frederic,

I made a manual backup, exported the entry under Applis..
    but i think i might have forgotten to quit LNS before running the reg file :rolleyes:

It's all good again, took me some typing (now i saved a document with all the IP's)...

i might try the extra save version in shadow mode when it gets a little cooler, this weather is crazy, and i'd probably forget to close LNS again o_O

Greetings,

tt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.