Application Launchers Revisited

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Aaron Here, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Seconded deeply... Long time user (began on win 98 se, 12 yrs ago). The biggest wrecking bar would not pry me off my PowerPro, even now that I'm migrating to Win 7 (it will have to work on 64-Bit!)! So tiny but so powerfull...

powerpro.png

<< Don't ask her what she can do for you but what she can't! >>

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  2. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

PowerPro seems to be very powerful, but can I create application-'class' icons, so that hovering over then or clicking on them brings up a group of apps belonging to that class (e.g., a Photography icon that brings-up shorcuts to all of my photography-related apps)?

Also, does PowerPro require .NET Framework (and if so, which one)?

Thanks,
    Aaron

3. ruinebabine

Yes it can easily be done. In my minimalistic retractable sample bar, hovering the button called "Players", for example, make us see those 3 items in their black surrounding: (1rst corresponding to yr mouse's left click, 2nd to middle and 3rd to right)
    PP1.png
    So by middle clicking there, we have now this list of clickable items (corresponding to my own build-in list of installed media "players":
    PP2.png

And no!
    No need for any dotNET stinky...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  4. Aaron Here

Ok, I'll give PowerPro a good look this weekend (as well as True Launch Bar).

Thanks!

5. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I use nrLaunch... Japanese software that was discontinued a few years ago and translated to english by a third party. ~50 skins included.

Code:
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/4/3/2815212/nrLaunch_2.0.14.268_ENGLISH.rar

2010-08-23_150850.png

6. ruinebabine

(hmm, I'd been curious to know if Aaron did well with them there, and what was his final choice...)

7. Aaron Here

Sorry, but I had a few unexpected situations that came up last weekend which kept me busy and this weekend I'm studying for the written driver's test as my license needs to be renewed tomorrow (I can't remember when I last had to do a written exam)!

....so deciding on a new app-launcher will have to wait another week.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.