Application Filter and Update from 2.05p2 to p3

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Praet0r, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Praet0r

Praet0r Registered Member

Hello there to everybody at the forums!

I've been lurking around here for quite some time now and found this forum to be particularly helpful. Thanx for that ;)

Ok...my question. I'm using LNS 2.05p2 and I am very pleased with it except 1 problem, and that is the TCP SPI "problem", because it is limited to 128 TCP Conns only (no, I am not a fake account of phant0m hehe). I hate to turn it off using BitComet. Now Version p3 offers 256 max TCP Conns for SPI, and that would be "enough" for me. But...since I am a lazy guy I'd love to install Version p3, but I'd hate to be forced to configure an all new application filter. The ruleset I use can be used in Version 2.05p3 also, am I right? But what about the application filter? Do I have to reconfigure all of the apps?

And another question: If I use TCP SPI while playing Quake3 online I am experiencing a lot of "lag". The game feels kinda "jelly" and won't move and feel as smooth as I am used to. My ping still is fine on most german servers (around 9-25), but the movement is weird and my aiming percentage also drops signifivcantly. If I turn TCP SPI off then everything is fine again. Ports are configured correctly...at least I think so :rolleyes:

Thanx in advance for responding...

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

No, you don't have to reconfigure Look 'n' Stop after you install the 2.05p3.
    Of course, just install it on top of the 2.05p2, don't uninstall the 2.05p2 first.

Besides the number of entries, the TCP SPI engine was also improved in the 2.05p3. Hope it will suit your need.

Regards,

Frederic

3. Praet0r

Praet0r Registered Member

Everything worked fine. What a nice little program. Thanks for replying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.