AppGuard vs. Voodooshield or NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by micrei, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

ROFL. late to respond as I have been traveling all day. Since shadowing all my drives with SD, I don't user Folder Security that much.

Okay Keea, I have a question for you. If I had all your personal information, your address, any alarm codes, work and home phone numbers, social security Id, and checking account information, would you still feel I am paranoid. This is the case for the clients of my business

Also my philosophy is if I have to answer a security question, and I answer it wrong, will I still be safe. In my case the answer is yes.

2. Peter,

When you would have all that information of me, I would become paranoid also :D

Regards Kees

3. Infected

Infected Registered Member

Can ERP do anything that AppGuard can't?

4. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Hi - noob question - I am trying to edit Sandboxie.ini (add template for NVT ERP) but when I try to save I get pop-up 'Access is denied' ... how do I get around this?

Edit: I use SBIE very simply, just running Firefox in default sandbox. I do have NVT ERP installed and have not noticed any issues in SBIE ... do I actually need the NVT ERP template then?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  5. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

sandboxie.ini is in program files folder. This location is protected both by AppGuard and UAC. For the any editor to be able to write to that location, it must be run as administrator and, if guarded, guarded execution must be suspended. Better workaround: copy the .ini file to an unprotected folder, edit it there and then copy it back.

6. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Slight correction: Sandboxie.ini is located in %windir%, usually under C:\Windows.
    Another workaround (n00b friendly) is to go Off mode in AppGuard fire up Sandboxie Control > Configure > Edit configuration > Notepad.exe opens Sandboxie.ini > Edit the needed lines > Click File > Save > Done.
    Sandboxie Control have admin privileges to modify the file.

7. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Thanks @FleischmannTV and @Mister X, I have now edited the .ini file ... but could either of you answer the second part of my question:
    I use SBIE very simply, just running Firefox in default sandbox. I do have NVT ERP installed and have not noticed any issues in SBIE ... do I actually need the NVT ERP template then?

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Easy test Paul. Take a simple utility that isn't ERP's white list, and run it in the sandbox. See if ERP challenges it. If it does your are good to go, if not you need the template which is one simple line.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.