AppGuard Beta is Live (64 Bit, MemoryGuard)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Eirik, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

I agree with pegr and he/she has given good advice. To me it does sound like a bad .xml file which might have been manually edited incorrectly.

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

You're welcome. :)

Regards

3. shadek

shadek Registered Member

It was fun while it lasted. Now, 5-10 minutes later, AppGuard stopped working properly again. I can start whatever file I want from userspace when settings at max. This just sucks as I've bought 6 licenses and I can't use a program I can't completely trust to work at 100% 24/7.

4. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

You need to start corresponding with Barb or Eirik through email support. They will not let you down.

5. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Yes, will do! Thank you.

6. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Good to know. Thanks, PEGR for assisting in this matter - I'm sorry that you had to beat me to it.

7. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

I guess I was too eager to claim victory. By chance, did you try editing the policy file yourself? Will you please send us a copy of your policy files to AppGuard@BlueRidgeNetworks.com? Also, please indicate from where you are trying to launch the programs that you feel should not be allowed. Thanks!

8. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

I'll forward this to one of my engineers for a closer look. Does this happen on the same PC that you are seeing other AppGuard anomalies on?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  9. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Thanks for the kind words!

10. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Woo Hoo, I've finally been upgraded to the "Regular Poster" status. I was wondering when that would happen.

11. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

All keys in HKLM as well as some sensitive keys in other areas are protected.

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

nice to know;)

13. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Oddly enough, as I got back from work and booted my PC, AppGuard is working properly again. I'm beginning to think that AppGuard stops working when Prevx does a on-execution scan while AppGuard does the same thing at the same time, hence causing a conflict and putting AppGuard off use. I will do some more testing tonight!

EDIT: Now it's broken again. Will send e-mail now with required information.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  14. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Anyone know how to configure AppGuard with Steam? Is there any way to exclude the complete Steam dir from AppGuard's protection? I've tried adding the required processes to 'Guarded Apps' but Steam won't start claiming I need admin privileges to start the service... I'm using an administrator user account already.

Steam is properly installed, I only get this message due to the usage of AppGuard. Steam will only start with AppGuard on if set to 'install'-mode or 'off'-mode. Any way to exclude Steam from AppGuards protection?

EDIT: SWEET!! I found the exclusion tab. Gah! How frustrating to look everywhere when it's right in front of you! Everything's working great now! :) I've tested AppGuard against 307 malware samples on-execution; nothing passed AppGuard. :thumb:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  15. Eirik

Eirik Registered Member

Glad to know you found what you were seeking. I'm curious to know/confirm if Steam gives one the option to be installed in Program Files, and whether its operation requires that its executable be able to write to the directories where its installed?

Cheers,

Eirik

16. shadek

shadek Registered Member

It does offer you to install in Program Files (I chose not too since I want my games on a different HDD). It also needs to write to the directories where it's installed.

17. cgeek

cgeek Registered Member

Is the installer and MBRGuard driver going to be signed? I usually do not like to install soft that is not signed even from a security company... :doubt:

18. stackz

stackz Registered Member

All the drivers are signed on my Win7 x64, the installer isn't.

19. cgeek

cgeek Registered Member

I found a post from another thread where a member has discovered the same issue. I guess I'll have to wait. :doubt:

20. stackz

stackz Registered Member

I just checked the latest AppGuard 32/64 on xp sp3 32 bit as well as previously mentioned Win 7 x64. The drivers are all signed and verified.

21. cgeek

cgeek Registered Member

I installed on my 32-bit XP SP3 partition and they are signed. But on my 32-bit Win7 partition I'm getting the same message as the other poster I linked to saying the drivers are not signed. Why is windows 7 saying these drivers are not signed when in fact they are?

22. ace55

ace55 Registered Member

Hello Eirik or Barb,

I was a beta tester and received a free license before the final version was released. Right now I'm on 12 days left on the current version of Appguard and I have yet to receive a license in the mail.

Also, I'm experiencing the same issue as shadek: AppGuard works fine on initial startup but invariably stops providing any protection soon after that. I always have to toggle down from high to medium upon startup, so it may or may not be related to changing of protection settings. Obviously, this is a huge issue and I've taken to running prevx alongside appguard as I simply cannot trust it.

23. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I was running Prevx alongside AppGuard as well... and AppGuard simply wouldn't work with it. It'd only work from time to time; usually it worked for a few minutes when you did a random setting change.

24. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Just send them an email (or pm here); a few of the beta testers were missed out with the new keys ;)

25. cgeek

cgeek Registered Member

I'm having issues with AG and Prevx too. Memory Guard is preventing Prevx from writting to memory. Even though I have it excluded. I tried with both options Write and ReadWrite to no avail.

I was going to post screenshots but apparently I can't for some reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.