Appguard and MBAM

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by marse.robert, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi all

I am normally careful in what sites I visit: much to my chagrin such practices are not sufficient in preventing malware.

I have been running AG and MBAM on an old Laptop without any other protection for three months without problems.

Do you people think I could adopt this behaviour on my "operational" computers and do banking online with only AG and MBAB?

Thanks in advance
    Marse

2. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

You'll be fine with Appguard and Malwarebytes Realtime. I currently just use Appguard along with Windows Defender. I would prefer to Combine System wide virtualization with policy restriction which is typical for layered security. So if you have Appguard already I would add something like Sandboxie, Deepfreeze etc instead of MBAM but that's just me. Then you can throw in an AV program if you want.

But you are safe running those two programs together.

btw: wrong subforum :p

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

AppGuard is an excellent choice, and coupled with MBAM you should be more then fine. I would just set AG on high or lockdown mode.
    If I was not using DefenseWall I would most certainly be using AppGuard as I do own a license.
    As "Arcanez" has suggested I would recommend a Sandbox such as Sandboxie or Light virtualization such as Shadow Defender or Deep Freeze or the like.
    Personally all I run in realtime is DefenseWall (over five years now) and Shadow Defender (over three years) surfin the net from the wild and dangerous side to the sensitive side of banking and shopping (rebooting in between of course) without any issues/breeches/infections of any kind.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  4. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi all

I have AG running pretty well.

However, I have warnings the Perfect Disk is trying to read memory of internet explorer! I have tries everything to prevent these alerts to no avail.

Any ideas: or should I continue deleting the alerts?

Regards

Marse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.