AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit - Releases

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jryder54, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I have not been able to reproduce this. I tried using AG in Medium, and Locked Down Mode. I added Pale Moon to the Guarded Apps List. I enabled memory read, and write protection. I also enabled Privacy Mode. AG blocked several events of Pale Moon attempting to read the memory of Windows Explorer, but it did not block any write access. I'm using Pale Moon without any plugins. What plugins are you using? What version of Windows are you using?

2. Magic Missile

Magic Missile Registered Member

Pale Moon was already on the guarded applications list. I'm on Windows 8.1 64 bit, and I'm also using the 64 bit version of Pale Moon. Plugins are Silverlight, VLC, Flash, and LastPass.

Is there a way to get Windows Update to work without lowering to install mode?

3. Cutting_Edgetech

I don't have Windows 8.1 so I want be able to help you with that. I installed the 32 bit version of PM on Windows 7X64. Palemoon said some browser plugins are not compatible with 64bit browsers. You might try using the 32bit version to see if Palemoon still crashes. Maybe someone else on here can help you that uses Windows 8.1.

4. Magic Missile

Magic Missile Registered Member

I'm not worried about Pale Moon. The crash seems to have been a freak occurrence and hasn't happened since.

5. Pain of Salvation

Pain of Salvation Registered Member

My downloads and documents folders are on another drive (Drive D:). Are they in user space? Are the executables launched from these folders guarded?

6. Cutting_Edgetech

Yes, AG treats drives letters other than C as the userspace. In Medium Mode of protection only signed executables are allowed to launch from the userspace, and they will be guarded. In Locked Down Mode even signed executables are not allowed to launch from the userspace. In Locked Down Mode the only executables allowed to launch from the userspace are those on the Guarded Apps list, and those will be guarded.

7. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

Did anyone notice that AppGuard has been updated to v4.17.0.4?Does anyone know about the change log?
    File Hashes for the new version
    CRC32: d8d0d77d
    MD5: e0c9440aa3b77d8b1ffaa47e830f4e98
    SHA-1: e23ee2bae1725ff111c4b02926d92f99746a6c34

8. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Can you switch to install mode and then install over existing or is clean install needed?

9. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

Hold on Please..It may be a bug,though the installers are different,after upgrading using the new installer,it still shows as v4.0.17.0 in 'About' Window.

10. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Okay thanks, I will wait for more info.

11. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

AppGuard's New updated installer -v4.0.17.4
    AGV.PNG

AppGuard's Version No. after upgrading using new installer
    AVINEWBUTOLD.png

12. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  13. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

I can't notice any difference.Just sent a support ticket about this issue.Hope they reply soon.

14. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Okay thanks. Please post when you hear something.

15. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

IF YOU ARE ALREADY RUNNING APPGUARD 4.0.17.3, there is no need to upgrade to 4.0.17.4.! The only difference between the two is the default policy file. It is now unicode and will support Japanese and Chinese characters. We missed that in the original 4.0 release. FYI, when we increment the last digit only of the version number, it means a change to the installation package itself or one of the supplemental files. None of the executables were re-built - just repackaged.

Since, the AppGuard executables have not changed in the 4.0.17.4 release - when you look at the version number in the AppGuard about box, you will just see "4.0.17.0". There is no problem with the installer. The policy was changed in order to support Japanese and Chinese characters. There is no difference in functionality.

That is why there was no announcement. To date, the only OSs that we know of that will benefit by using the 4.0.17.4 version are the Japanese and Chinese (and on those, it was pretty apparent that AppGuard was broken without this change). That is why there was no formal announcement (nor will your installed AppGuard indicate that there is an upgrade available until we release 4.1).

BTW, The 4.1 Beta is ready for you all. I'm just getting the release notes finalized and I have to get the web master to put it on our server. Shoot me an email at Barb@BlueRidge.com and I will provide the link and an additional license if you are willing to try the new version. After I get the release notes compiled, I will post the changes here as well.

16. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

You've Got Mail :)

17. wojtek

wojtek Registered Member

Hi, I'm a new happy user of AG. :)

There can be added up to 16 programs (or exe files) to Power Applications;
    I wanted to add all the active processes from other security applications
    (4 for OA, 2 for MBAE, etc.), and it was not possible due to this limitation.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  18. lucien_phoenix

lucien_phoenix Registered Member

~ Snipped as per TOS ~

Where is any Updates i'am runnig still 4.0.17.0
    i download the latest Version but nothnig new.
    still the 4.0.17.0 as before.i'am not get the
    Point what i'am doing wrong.

19. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

Read Barb's comment above on why version number is not updated.

20. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

You do not have to add all of the active processes from your other security applications. If you add the parent processes, the children will also be parent processes.

21. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Sorry to get your hopes up about getting the beta today. I've had many fires to put out (unrelated to the beta) and was not able to finalize the release notes. I hope to get it done over the weekend.

22. SweX

SweX Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/appguard-4-x-32-64-bit.355206/page-61#post-2383844

23. siketa

siketa Registered Member

No problem, Barb!
    We can wait so take all the time you need...
    ;)

24. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

That's nice -- some of my best friends are Japanese characters. :cool:

25. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

I've just created all of the licenses and had emails sent from our License Server except for a few of beta requests from people that are not in our system. I should have asked that you include your First Name, Last Name and Country (optional, but we like to keep track of our global operations). I responded with emails to those who hadn't included that information. So if you've made a request to beta test, you should either get an email requesting more information or you will get an email containing the download link and your beta license.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.