AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit - Releases

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jryder54, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

If you did a beta test and you were a previous purchaser, your beta key will be incremented to allow 4 activations.

2. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

I guess we're not being consistent on how we're handling this. I guess some are getting their beta key bumped up to 4 activations and some are getting another license. It may be due to different email addresses on record (or it may just be human error).

3. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Hi Barb,

Sorry to hear about your colleague's bereavement.

My beta license key was bumped up to 4 activations, just as you said in post #101 above. I sent you a PM confirming that everything is okay and also posted here (see post #90 above).

Kind regards
    pegr

4. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

We added that "value" message to remind people in trial mode that AppGuard is doing something. AppGuard is normally pretty silent and perhaps people that are trialing it won't realize that it is actually quietly doing its job in the background. It should only appear during the trial mode for now. We've made it a "toaster" message (similar to those email notifications with Outlook), but that bit of code didn't make it in time for the release.

No, the fix for Opera changing its path on us did not go into the release.

5. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Really? The new default is supposed to be 20 minutes. Not sure how that happened.

6. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Mine is 10 minutes as well.

7. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Any word on those of us that supported Blue-Ridge prior to 2013 receiving some sort of discount for this update? I have yet to receive an email with a code or other instructions. o_O

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You should have received an Email. PM Barb_C

Pete

9. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

We have three PCs here at home. My PC especially & to a lesser extent my wife's, end up getting a couple of re-formats & reinstalls from scratch or more per year ( not to be confused with image back-ups). We like to tinker around and a re-format/ reinstall from scratch is the final outcome sooner or later.

Question: So once the re-activations are used up (on same PCs) can I email BlueRidge to reset the key or is it the 'end of the line'?

I ask because last year my Kasperky IS once re-formatted/re-installed, Kaspersky IS never came back to life. Even after pleading in forums and emailing their support dept. Damn it, 12 months lic. gone in 5 weeks.

10. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Do you reformat because the PC is completely unusable? If it's possible at all, always try to uninstall any licensed software with an active internet connection.

11. fearlessscientist

fearlessscientist Registered Member

You have to uninstall AppGuard while having an active internet connection to avoid losing your licenses.

12. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Well that's news. Thank you muchly you two. :thumb:

13. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

OK, probably a dumb question. I purchased a 3-license for version 3.5 a few days ago. I never installed a single appguard on a single computer. Will my license key for 3.5 work on 4.0?

Like I said, probably a dumb question, but thanks.
    Acadia

14. Jryder54

Jryder54 Registered Member

Yes you should get a license in a email. If not Pm barb.

15. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks much, Jryder54. I'll wait a bit and if I don't hear anything, do the PM. Thanks again.
    Acadia

16. Jryder54

Jryder54 Registered Member

Np buddy! :argh:

17. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Did you upgrade or do a clean install?

18. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Hi Barb,

So far I haven't received my serial key. Can you please check on this.

Best regards,

Mohamed

19. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Actually we've decided to give everyone that has ever purchased AppGuard a free upgrade (even those who purchased prior to 2013). I've been told there are about 50 more licenses to go out on Monday. If you haven't received your license key, please send an email to AppGuard@BlueRidge.com. Include your first name, last name, email address that you purchased AppGuard with (or Eirik registered you with) and previous license key. If you're on Wilders, it might be helpful to identify your Wilders log in name as well.

20. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Just installed over the top of the previous version (3.5.6).

21. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Ideally it would be best if you could uninstall AppGuard while connected to the Internet before reformatting. That way the activation should become available without having to contact customer support. If you end up losing your activations, customer support should be able to help you out.

22. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Hi Mohamed, please email Appguard@BlueRidge.com and let our customer support know about the situation. Please include your name, email address (that you previously registered with) and previous key.

23. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Thanks Barb, will do.

Best regards,

Mohamed

24. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Wow, thank you! I sent an email, with all the requested info included.......Thanks again!

EDIT: I received an email with my free upgrade license today, and on a Sunday no less........Thank you to everyone at Blue Ridge!!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  25. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I went ahead, and rolled my machine back to a time before AG was installed. After I installed AG I checked the timeout value, and it was set for 20 minutes this time. So everything seems to be fine with a new installation. Maybe I was mistaken when I did an upgrade, but it's a little late now to be sure since I did change the timeout value twice after upgrading. I can't be for sure what the timeout value was since I changed the value twice after upgrading.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.