AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit - Releases

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jryder54, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

2. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Attached is what I see (after right-click on file > Details). No automatic download. Right-click > Download also does nothing.
    I don't have downloads blocked ... maybe someone else should give it a try?

Attached Files:

3. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

Try Download above the folder in the bar...

Try this link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsdAHooQXWQs43wSLL1toEPGy0We

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2016
  4. paulderdash

I had tried that also.

But I have found the culprit. Disabled uBlockO and it worked. My stupidity.

Thanks for this and apologies for having wasted your time :(

5. guest

guest Guest

In this screenshot i see v4.4.7.1. Can we expect a new release soon/is there an ETA?

6. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

4.4.7.X is a test build for verifying "unknown" license state logic. For example, user employs Rollback RX, disables AppGuard by uninstalling it, then afterward reverts system to a RX snapshot with active AppGuard. Locally AG sees license as valid (active), but remote license server sees it as invalid (deactivated). AG-BRN license server was returning "Unknown," but I reported bug (actually poor language\descriptor) and it now shows "Invalid for current version." Rare situation.

Just a FYI -- when the above happens, AG will take about 5 days to deactivate on the local system.

I think a minor release with some policy improvements and bug fixes might happen at some point around year-end (2016) or 1st Q 2017.

7. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

might you suggest free viewer .... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10 does not support W10

8. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

9. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Download Okay. Don't have viewer. Trying to avoid Store.

10. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

11. guest

guest Guest

I don't have such kind of rollback-software but i think it can be a pain for Rollback RX-users sometimes.
    If the user forgets to uninstall AG and switches to a different snapshot, a license is "lost" :doubt:

12. guest

guest Guest

yes happen to me way too much times, because if you test a malware that lock the system , you can't uninstall AG properly and can only revert to a clean snapshot. i had 2 licenses , and i lost one because this obsolete licensing system.

13. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You can neuter Appguard so the license issue is out of the way. I use Sysinternals Autoruns. I uncheck the GUI entry, the service entry and the driver. Appguard is totally out of your way even with imaging and restoring, and the licensing issue doesn't come up. Want to turn it back on, just tick the 3 entries and reboot.

14. paulderdash

If I plan on doing a clean install of Win 10, should I uninstall AppGuard (or any other apps for that matter) in my existing Win 10 first?

15. guest

guest Guest

yes

16. paulderdash

@guest - Do you mean that specifically for AppGuard because of their 'obsolete' licensing system? Would the same apply to other softs e.g. HMP.A, EAM, etc.?

17. guest

guest Guest

Only for AG , HMPA licensing is flawless, whatever i do, it recognize my license right after i install it and a internet connection is made; i don't even need to enter the license. For EAM, i remember i didn't had any issues while beta-testing it.

18. guest

guest Guest

But you "get your license back" after writing to the support?

19. guest

guest Guest

nope because it was a gift from a Wilder's buddy , so i don't have his personal infos required for verification. If the license was hardware-bound , i could still use it.

20. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yes, normally support would assist you and you would get your license back

21. guest

guest Guest

i wrote to the support, but they need specific infos i don't have.

22. guest

guest Guest

Ok, good. So if i lose one, it can be restored after i give them enough infos.

23. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

They were able to find my license with my email address a long time ago. What information do they require now?

I believe the first license I purchased was before V1 was complete. I don't remember how many PC's it was for. I purchased a 3 PC license about 3 years ago. I can't remember if I have purchased anymore license than that.

Edited: 9/6 @12:43

24. guest

guest Guest

email adress used for the purchasing, if not available: name, address, phone number, etc...

25. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Ok, thanks for the info. I may need to check on my license soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.