AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit - Releases

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jryder54, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

i worry more that this version isn't ready to use than some bugs.

2. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

should I back to 4.3 ?

3. guest

guest Guest

you shouldn't install it at the first place...

4. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

I know now, but I did and what now ?

5. guest

guest Guest

Up to you. who knows if the version you installed was complete or not , maybe it has some vulnerabilities. maybe they just put it there to share it between them, not with the public.

Have you been selected as beta-tester from BRN, if not i guess when they will be aware that this version is leaked , they will just revoke the license.

6. zord

zord Registered Member

I do not understand how version can leak out from the official server on which has always been positioned official Installer ?

7. guest

guest Guest

I see v4.2.8.1, v4.3.14.5 and some more on their server. Even the "official download" on their homepage links to this server.

8. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

strange situation. This link above is official server.

9. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

http://www.instalki.pl/programy/download/Windows/zabezpieczajace/AppGuard.html

link where on this side can download 4.4.4.1, this is polish side with progragrams.

10. JLD

JLD Guest

What are the differences, if any, between the Personal and the Professional versions of AppGuard (ie. 4.4 Professional vs 5.1/5.2 Personal)?

11. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

As many of you have discovered, we have a new release of AppGuard available. Version 4.4.4.1 has been available for new purchasers for about a week. It has only minor changes and bug fixes:

Bug Fixes:
    1. No way to clean up wildcard reconciliation policy. This was causing user policy to become large and number of Guarded applications growing too large. This was due to entire user policy being saved when ignored messages to be applied for all users were being saved.
    2. AppGuard reports Event 312 (can’t locate Guarded app) for wildcard paths.
    3. Browse folder dialog not remembering last path when a file is selected.
    4. Changed position of the close bottun ("X") on the deactivation toaster and the blocked event toaster.
    5. Fixed a bug where Major Update was never completing resulting in endless notification that a major upgrade was performed.
    6. Red-listed applications from system space were being allowed to run (if wildcard in the policy).

Enhancements:

1. Allow user to exclude these file types from user-space policy: *.exe;*.dll;*.ocx;*.ps1;*.vbs;*.vbe;*.js;*.jse;*.hta;*.wsf;*.cmd;*.bat
    2. License Activation screens now support high-resolution screens.

Policy Changes:

1. Click to run policies that were added in 4.3 were removed. Must be added by user.
    2. Recycle bin added as a protected folder exception and included in user-space.
    3. PowerShell.exe added as Guarded application.
    AppGuard should be announcing the upgrade shortly. In the meantime, you can download it from here: https://blueridgenetworks.s3.amazonaws.com/UpdateFolder/AppGuardSetup-4-4-4-1.exe

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  12. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

@Barb_C
    Thanks for the good news!!

13. guest

guest Guest

14. boredog

boredog Registered Member

"I just purchased it the other day and my version is 4.3.14.5"

Now when I check for updates it does show the new version.

15. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Just received this update via the internal updater. Installed smoothly, no problems.

Now that PowerShell.exe has been added as a Guarded application should those of us that added PowerShell entries to User Space delete them from there just leaving it as a Guarded application?

16. guest

guest Guest

17. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

4.4.4.1 - hasn't been officially released yet. Just because you can download it from that URL doesn't mean it is stable nor official. In fact, 4.4.4.1 as of this moment is unauthorized until it is officially released. It hasn't been officially announced yet.

Any how, I've seen people download security softs in this way before the official announcement and the soft was still in alpha -- that's all I am saying. It's a gamble on the user's part.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2016
  18. guest

guest Guest

19. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

20. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

WARNING !! 4.4.4.1 is NOT blocking *.reg files.

21. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

Barb_C
    many thanks :)

22. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Do any prior versions of AG block .reg files?

23. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

No. *.reg blocking was supposed to be added this version.

24. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Runs just fine so far, no problems noticed.

25. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I just upgraded, and I have noted a few things. AG blocks wmic.exe (ran from command prompt), but it does not log anything, and the tray icon does not blink. It's as if it never happened. It added back all the certificates I had removed, but I think this is expected behavior. Also, c:\users\user\appdata\local\apps\2.0 was excluded from the user-space again. I had either deleted this rule from the user-space, or changed the flag to "Yes" making it part of the user-space. I don't remember which I did now. I believe it preserved all of my other settings. I just upgraded so I have not had any time to toy around with it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.