AppGuard 3.x 32/64 Bit

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by shadek, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pain of Salvation

Pain of Salvation Registered Member

Can I ignore this event?

04/03/13 00:15:44 Prevented process <Internet Explorer> from writing to <c:\windows\rescache\rc0002\rescache.hit>.

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Rescache is part of the MUI (Multilingual User Interface) and its runtime diagnostics. Preventing Internet Explorer from writing back to system space in order to maintain usage statistics shouldn't affect its normal functioning so you can ignore this event.

3. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

How bout this event : Prevented process <Sandboxie COM Services (CryptSvc)> from writing to <c:\windows\system32\catroot2\dberr.txt>.
    I have sandboxiecrypto.exe set in memory guard to read/write.

Also, when will this be fixed? I hope soon, I am tried of seeing my little blue box in the tray (Peerblock) flashing constantly (every 10 seconds).

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  4. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

What are the tweaks required to use Sandboxie Paid Version 3.76,Rollback Rx 10 and Internet Explorer 10 without conflicts on Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit system while using AppGuard 3.4.2.0?

Also i want to know if there is any known incompatible program with AppGuard.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  5. pegr

pegr Registered Member

A MemoryGuard exception won't help because the action that is being blocked is an attempt to write to system space, not the memory of a guarded process.

Try adding sandboxiecrypto.exe as a Power App and see if that helps.

6. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

As far as Sandboxie, hopefully someone else here can assist you. There are a lot of posts on this forum that address that. Also there is this web page: http://techexplored.com/software/configure-appguard-to-work-with-sandboxie/, but I'm not sure if that addresses the particular version that you mentioned.

There are no known incompatible programs with AppGuard on Windows 7 that we are aware of. There are a couple on XP (SUPERAntiSpyware and Zemana AntiLogger).

7. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

PEGR's response about memory guard exception not applying in this case is correct. Also, AppGuard should not have blocked this unless you added CryptSvc to the Guard List (or if it is located in user-space which in certain protection levels AppGuard will automatically Guard). If it is running in user-space (i.e. not in Program Files directory), then you can exclude it from user-space protection so that it won't be Guarded. Adding it as a power app would also allow it to run unGuarded if it is located in User-Space.

As far as the phone home fix, another release is coming very soon (hopefully later this month or in May). We want to do a release in the next month that addresses a minor issue with Office 2013 on Windows 8. A fix for the constant phone home will definitely be in that release as well.

8. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Thank you!

9. silat

silat Registered Member

What do I have to do in appguard to allow TOR to run?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Registered Member

agtor1.png
    agtor2.png

11. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Does anyone have any experience with using AppGuard with Sandboxie 4.X BETA? I am considering trying out the latest BETA release of Sandboxie 4.X.

Thanks in Advance.

12. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yes. In fact I just upgraded to the 4.01.05 beta. If you are running with SBIE 3.76 give it a go.

Pete

13. silat

silat Registered Member

Space Ghost I followed your instructions and Tor only works when I set appG to install.

14. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Do you have a list of what changes (i.e., Memory Guard Exceptions) you had to make to AppGuard when going from Sandboxie 3.76 to Sandboxie 4.01.05 Beta?

I tried 4.01.05 Beta, but I got frustrated trying to figure out what additional MemoryGuard Exceptions needed to be added to AppGuard in order for Firefox and IE to open in the Sandbox.

I have temporarily reverted back to Sandboxie 3.76.

15. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Thekid

Not really. When I put appguard on, I just added all of Sandboxie's processes to the appguard memory exceptions with read/write allowed. Worked well on 3.76 and didn't have to change any for 4.01.04 or .05

Pete

16. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

If you post a copy of the blocking events (or send to AppGuard@BlueRidge.com) that you see in AppGuard's GUI when you try to run Tor with AppGuard in High or Locked Down, I can help you with the policy.

17. Pain of Salvation

Can't open a word document:

04/11/13 22:51:28 Prevented <Microsoft Office Click-to-Run> from writing to memory of <Microsoft Word>.

Should I add Microsoft Office Click-to-Run (integratedoffice.exe) to the PowerApps list?

18. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I had that problem once. Microsoft Office installed on another partition other than C. Which partition do you have Microsoft Office installed on?

19. Pain of Salvation

Its installed on C:

Its Office 2013

20. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Is SpyShelter compatible with AppGuard? Or better yet, is it even needed if you're using AppGuard?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  21. iammike

iammike Registered Member

Running at the Moment Emsisoft AM and MBAM Pro (exclusions in place).

Thinking of adding Appguard to my setup.

Are there things to look out for, exclusions etc etc to run trouble free ?

Thanks !

Ps: Willing to ditch MBAM in favor of Appguard (if necessary)

PsPs: Reading about the Beta (4.x), if I buy now the "old" version (3.4.*) do I have to pay again when the Beta changes to Live ?

22. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hi iammike,
    I have been running EAM and AppGuard together for almost 6 month now without any problems. I just added EAM exe's to AppGuard PowerApps. I also have MBAM Pro but with EAM I use it only as on demand.

23. artoor

artoor Registered Member

Yes, it is compatible with AG. You can add SS to PowerApps in AG. Is it needed? I think it depends. I like using both of them, because when you want install a new software you have to lower security settings to install mode, and then it seems that SS can be usefull. It is my point of view (considering that I don't use any AV tool).

24. iammike

iammike Registered Member

Thanks for this :thumb: :thumb:

25. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Sorry that I was slow to respond to this one. Please send anything urgent to our support email address (AppGuard@BlueRidgeNetworks.com). There is a help topic on this under "Advanced->Troubleshooting and Usage".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.