AppGuard 3.x 32/64 Bit

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by shadek, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siketa

siketa Registered Member

It means you are on moderators' radar from now on...
    :argh: :argh: :argh:

2. newbino

newbino Registered Member

My personal take:
    You'll get faster "listen" from now on :)

3. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Thanks. I appreciate it. I don't do much development anymore - just manage the group that does. Every once in a while I get to "play", but not often enough for my liking.

4. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

We are rightly proud: very good product ( very strong and easy to use ) and very good policy of help and sale :thumb:

5. stackz

stackz Registered Member

It could mean you're in 'Install mode' ;)

6. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

You've turned into an Oompa Loompa? :D

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

8. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Now thats Funny.........:argh:

9. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

I'm currently a AppGuard 3.5.6 user along with using Sandboxie. I also have a couple PowerApps.

With AG 4.0 about to be released, what do I need to be aware of -- or what changes will I need to be making to my current setup?

Also, will AG 4.0 install over the top of 3.5.6 or will it require a clean install?

10. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Will those of us that supported prior to 2013 receive an email with a code for a discount, and if so, will it be fairly soon after the release?

11. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Lol, I know I was the one that discovered. I discovered the problem after making this post, and reported it.

12. pegr

pegr Registered Member

You will be able to install v4.0 over the top of v3.5.6 without needing to do a clean install. You shouldn't need to make any changes to your current setup but be aware that, in the interests of simplification, the number of protection levels in v4.0 has been reduced. The new Medium protection level in v4.0 is similar to the old High protection level of v3.5.6 (the old Medium protection level of v3.5.6 does not exist in v4.0). Locked Down remains the same.

13. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Thanks, Pegr, for the concise response.

14. pegr

pegr Registered Member

You're welcome. :)

15. Roberteyewhy

Roberteyewhy Registered Member

Ok, now I see it. pegr made a good suggestion to add an 'Import Settings from File' and 'Export Settings to File' feature so we can get back our personal settings if one changes one's mind after using the 'Retore to Default'.

Also, Windows Media Center now will not work. As 4.0 no longer has the 'Memory Guard' add feature I cannot get it to work at all. Only way is to change AppGuard to 'Install' or uncheck 'Media Center' in 'Guarded Apps'.

Looking forward to the next version. Hopefully, this week.:thumb:

Thanks,
    Robert

16. fearlessscientist

fearlessscientist Registered Member

This week is almost over ;)

17. Jryder54

Jryder54 Registered Member

Beginning of next week fearlessscientist :D

18. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

I took leave yesterday and was not at work for the launch meeting. From what I heard, we did not do the early launch for 3.x purchasers as planned. As I understand it the "soft" launch for 3.x AppGuard owners will be on Monday.

I called into the launch meeting (had a very bad connection and my battery went dead), and from what I could hear, the postponement is not due to a problem found in the product, but a need to refine some of the business processes revolving around the new licensing system.

If I hear anymore I will let you know. Thanks for your patience (I know mine is running very shorto_O )

19. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Thanks for the update Barb.....:)

20. Cutting_Edgetech

Would it be recommended to add instant messenger apps to the guarded apps list? I was thinking it would be best to add them. I use Jitsi. If so then with what settings? Jitsi installs to C:\Program Files, but it also has a folder in appdata folder in the userspace. I'm really just wondering more along the lines of what settings to use to get the highest level of security without interfering with the functionality of the app.

21. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Yes, it would be advisable to add instant messenger apps to the guarded apps list. All Internet-facing applications - plus any applications capable of running embedded code within documents, e.g. office applications - should be guarded.

For the highest level of protection, setting the AppGuard protection level to Locked Down should be sufficient. There shouldn't be a need to customise AppGuard for individual guarded apps unless there are problems running the application.

Perhaps enable Privacy Mode though for any guarded app that doesn't require access to private folders: e.g. browsers, mail clients, instant messenger apps, etc.

22. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

All's well & nothing seems broken but a bit weary of a continually running message about sandboxie & Firefox - N.B. This is only applicable to Lockdown mode:
    SB Control & FF are in Guarded Apps:

Just asking -
    Can I adjust Guarded App settings to cease the message flow(see above)? ( I know there is 'ignore message' but want to know of any issues first)
    Is there any negative impact on Sandboxie in Lockdown (see above)?

23. Cutting_Edgetech

AaLF, I don't use Sandboxie, but so far I have been able to get Appguard to work well with anything I have tried it with. I have heard so many users on Wilders ask about AG blocking certain components or functionality of Sandboxie. I think Sanboxie should work very well if you add Sandboxie as a powerapp, and add it to the Publishers list with the following settings: Guarded: No, Privacy: Off, Memory: Off, Install: Allow

Are you using the latest beta? If not then you may have to add memory guard exceptions. I could make a backup copy of my current disk, and install Sandboxie to see what settings AG needs to not block anything from Sandboxie if you would like? There are some other users on here that have been using them together for a while though that would already know what settings you would need.

24. SLE

SLE Registered Member

There is absolutely no need to add sandboxie as power app and it makes no sense to guard sandboxie processes.

25. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Now I have more complications. During uninstall of ComodoFW Appguard 4.0 died on reboot. In shock, I inadvertantly installed 3.5 in error. Which did NOT uninstall cleanly.

And now 4.0 will not install even via Administrator. see pic.
    ag1.png

The only Security programs installed are Sandboxie & MSE. Or could it be Blueridge is paranoid about Lics? My AG 4.0 has a lic. but maybe it didn't like being uninstalled earlier?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.