AppGuard 3.x 32/64 Bit

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by shadek, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Barb-
    The new beta seems to be running great. I'm a little disappointed in the new pricing for 4.0. When I clicked on the buy now button it shows that 4.0 will be $29.95 for a single license. That's a big change from what it was.

2. justenough

justenough Registered Member

Arcanez I think you are right about that. I'll uninstall VoodooShield while I'm trying AppGuard. And thanks for mentioning PowerApps, I'll go look up what that is now.

3. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Ouch, so it was $40 for one user, then $20 for three, now $30 for one. Glad I got it when it was $20, but I guess it won't work for version 4.0. I checked my receipt and it was June 23rd, so probably too late to work for 4.0.

In other news, the beta is running fine for me, though when installing it I got some kind of error, but it installed fine and is running fine.

Did note that I am getting a bunch of alerts for RunDLL:

10/05/13 17:26:27 Prevented <Google Chrome> from writing to <\registry\machine\software\wow6432node\google\update\clientstatemedium\{8a69d345-d564-463c-aff1-a69d9e530f96}>.
    10/05/13 17:24:45 Prevented process <Windows host process (Rundll32)> from writing to <c:\bootsqm.dat>.
    10/05/13 17:18:35 Prevented process <Windows host process (Rundll32)> from writing to <c:\windows\temp\aei3949.tmp>.
    10/05/13 17:18:29 Prevented <Windows host process (Rundll32)> from writing to <\registry\user\.default\software\classes\local settings\muicache\154\52c64b7e>.
    10/05/13 17:18:28 Prevented <Windows host process (Rundll32)> from writing to <\registry\user\.default\software\classes\local settings\muicache\154\52c64b7e>.
    10/05/13 17:18:24 Prevented process <Windows host process (Rundll32)> from writing to <c:\windows\appcompat\programs\aeinv_wer_{119fbdca-78ba-40b8-bf07-e75102d13511}_20130926_191905.xml>.
    10/05/13 17:18:24 Prevented process <Windows host process (Rundll32)> from writing to <c:\windows\appcompat\programs\aeinv_previous.xml>.
    10/05/13 17:18:24 Prevented process <Windows host process (Rundll32)> from writing to <c:\windows\temp\aeie91.tmp>.
    10/05/13 17:18:20 Prevented <Windows host process (Rundll32)> from writing to <\registry\user\.default\software\classes\local settings\muicache\154\52c64b7e>.
    10/05/13 17:18:17 Prevented <Windows host process (Rundll32)> from writing to <\registry\user\.default\software\classes\local settings\muicache\154\52c64b7e>.
    10/05/13 17:18:17 Prevented process <Windows host process (Rundll32)> from writing to <c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\caches\{afbf9f1a-8ee8-4c77-af34-c647e37ca0d9}.1.ver0x0000000000000000.db>.

4. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Yes, you're correct it was not fixed. We included a note in the Release notes - Section 5 I believe. Will you have a look and confirm that is what you did?

Thanks!

5. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Thanks. Will look into it!

6. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Hi BuckSlayr, I think that is will actually be $29.95 for three licenses (I'll have to check into why it's telling you that it is $29.95 for 1 when you click on the Buy Now button). I understand that we will be offering some discounts. I think that I can perhaps convince the business folks to provide a Wilder's discount. Anyway, as a beta tester you will be provided with one free license.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  7. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Did you notice anything malfunctioning when you got these events? Were you perhaps trying to install something?

BTW, please email AppGuard@BlueRidge.com if you miss the cutoff for a free upgrade to 4.0. We won't want to upset a customer if it is just a matter of a few weeks difference from our policy.

The planned price is actually $29.95 for 3 licenses. I believe there may be a bug in the license logic that is reporting an incorrect price when you click on the "Buy Now" button. Perhaps it is because we have two license policies that we're trying to support - a single activation license which we're providing for free to Beta Testers and a 3-activation license for purchase. Anyway, I will look into it.

When we release (on the 15th hopefully), we will be going through our purchase records and issuing licenses to anyone who purchased "recently" (you'll get an email with the new license). As I mentioned previously, I'm not sure if "recently" will be 2 months or 3 months. When we decide on the policy and send out the emails, I will let you know. If you don't receive the email with the new license, let us know and I'm sure we can work out something. We do appreciate the Wilders forum and the feedback we receive. I will do everything in my power to keep you all happy.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  8. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Can you be more specific regarding the user-space modification that you made?

9. buckslayr

OK. Thanks. It's a great product!

10. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Please re-read my response - I just edited it. There is definitely a mistake in our "Buy Now" messaging. It should be $29.95 for 3 licenses.

11. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

I have just installed the beta.

It seems like the text not displaying in full. Or is it just me?

Attached Files:

12. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Barb. I, like the other lads are mighty happy with our AG. But now I'm gonna be in big trouble on the home front.

The dilemma: I have a lic. for v3 since like long ago. And it is for 3 PCs. I don't know how long I can hide this 4.0 version on my PC. I'm not the only who one jumps on my PC due to its handy location.

The future: They'll kill me when the 4.0 gets spotted. "Why is it only on AaLF's PC?" - will be the call to arms.

So what should I do? Buy the 3PC 3.0 lic. again @ $20 offer now or wait to see what & if AG will be offered to Wilders at?

13. Dave53

Dave53 Registered Member

I'm seeing the same thing.

Dave

14. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

This 4.0 sure is 'easy on the eyes'. Very smooth minimal design. I think this'll trend.

15. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Thanks for replying.

One more

Attached Files:

16. buckslayr

That sounds a lot better!!! Would be even better with a Wilders discount:thumb:

Will the beta license be a single one or for 3 pcs?

17. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Barb

1. Your previous MemoryGuard exceptions are no longer being honored in this version. Are you seeing issues because of this?

None So far
    2. Are you able to remove your power application definitions without adverse side effects?

I wasn't using any to begin with.
    3. Those running with Sandboxie, are you able to remove your customizations and continue to run both AppGuard and Sandboxie without adding a power application.

All I had was the memory guard exceptions. The real test was Netflics running in firefox sandboxed. It is working fine.

4. Are Guarded applications able to update themselves in the Medium protection level?

I don't have anything to test this one right now.

When providing your feedback, will you please indicate the OS that you're running on?

Win 7 X64 is the OS

The only issue I am seeing is on every boot, I can the do I want to activate or evaluate box.

Pete

18. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I don't think I was doing anything at the time, but Google Chrome may have been trying to update. I don't recall anything malfunctioning at the time. Also good to here about licenses being $30 for 3 PCs, which is still very reasonable. I already sent an email asking to beta test earlier today.

EDIT: I've got a bunch of alerts again, and haven't been doing anything besides playing a game, which shouldn't be responsible for the messages at all. Note I am on Locked Down.

19. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I know someone who may be interested in purchasing Appguard. If they purchase Appguard now at the price of $20 for 3 PC's, will they get a free upgrade to Appguard 4.X?

20. Kid Shamrock

Kid Shamrock Registered Member

The help link location varies from tab to tab. Should be standardized and perhaps made into a button...

AG1.png

AG2.png

21. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Win 7x64
    Another GUI bug.
    If you suspend Privacy, Guarded Execution or allow any type of launches from the tray icon, then toggle the Protection Level from the GUI, you'll receive two Appguard messages asking 'do you want to continue?' regarding re-enabling all protections. Strangely (to me) this dual alert comes up even when you toggle to Install level.

22. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Hi Barb_C,

It's 5.4 and it's exactly how I resolved it.

Thanks

23. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Maybe noted elsewhere this is a known issue in the beta that I've missed (if so apologies) but the internal application help file still relates to 3.5 rather that 4 i.e. still has old screenies and info about MG exceptions and MBR Guard etc.

Also, unimportant GUI thing in Publishers tab - the bottom of the Publishers List panel appeasr to be cut off by the wider tab framing.

Cheers

24. AndyViking

AndyViking Registered Member

Hi Barb
    Appearance of the program is nice but has a few bugs, which colleagues wrote
    But AG on my Windows 7 is running well and stable. It does not cause system errors.

25. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Will the new licensing model be for three or one PC?

Edit: just read it's 3. Thx

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.