AppDefend v1.300 Alpha screenshots

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Jason_R0, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

GhostShell was the best vehicle to iron out the GUI code base which had to be developed for AppDefend and RegDefend to go into the future (as I've said before). That, and my goal is to eventually tie them together to provide an (optional) GUI improvement for security on Windows. The fruit of that labor is about to come, and I know it has been a long and frustrating time for people wanting the new updates. I felt it was important to do it however so that I could do something which no one has done (proper from boot protection) and to ensure that there is a real future for AD/RD, not just a one or two year one like some other products.

What you could get with the original AD was too similar to what others were offering and started to offer, so the time needed to be spent making sure I could offer something unique, just like with the first ProcessGuard builds.

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Semi related - there are still some people out there who are upset with DCS and think that they can take it out on me because I used to work there and am responsible in their eyes. Which amazes me, that after all this time people email me such things.

I'm not saying any of these people are in this thread, but they do exist. I personally do not like moderating people except blatantly obvious things like spam, etc. So emotional comments, criticism, etc, can stand for what it is.

3. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Well considering I have been offered positions at other companies making much more than I do now I personally don't see how I haven't done the best thing by my customers by staying the course. Others who may have "money interests" as their number one goal might have taken another option, so the fact that you and others have alluded to such things is a bit insulting.

Yes things haven't been on a schedule that any of us like, I would have liked to have what I'm doing now ready a year ago, but what we want and what actually happens is what we call software development. That said, there is no major core work which has to be done anymore, so things should be fairly smooth and much more predictable from here on out.

4. tlu

tlu Guest

Well, that's good to read, and I hope sincerly that you will be successful on behalf of yourself and your customers. Nevertheless you should acknowledge that things would have been much easier for all of us if you had told us earlier what you wrote in your recent postings. Frequent and timely infos what's happening on your side and why are extremely important in a situation where everybody is waiting for new releases. Jason, you do have a communication problem - and for most businesses that's absolutely deadly. Insofar I hope that you understand the recent discussion here as an important learning process.

5. MsFluffyMuffin

MsFluffyMuffin Registered Member

@ Jason: Well, Jason, all we have and ever asked for is good communication form you, but that point eludes you, so you developed Ghostshell, cool.....I'm using it on my laptop, but thats not the issue, not the money we have invested, but the lack of knowing how the progress of AppDefend is going, I mean where is it in the scale of things Jason ? , is it half way finished or like 95% finished, if a new idea or whatever crops up it would be nice to know that, that there might be a bit longer wait and why, I'm sorry but these are the kind of things that we are missing and it makes us upset, upset because we are in the dark and don't know whats going on, you know, so then we do the only thing that we can do, and thats draw our own conclusion to the state of affairs, I'm sorry if the ones that we have felt are wrong, but its not like you have given us any others, we cant you see what we want and asking for, just a few minutes each month filling us all in on the development of your products, I'm sorry if thats too much to ask :(

@ Dogbiscuit: I have never been a troll, I hate trolls and always will, they have destroyed all of my favourite newsgroups and some of my sites :'( , but I ask this of you, why cant I praise Jason or any of his creations, its not what hes created or his genius I have a problem with, its his lack of communication I'm upset with, okay, I admit maybe I got a bit upset, but only because I like Jason and his work so much, I dont want to stop using GSS or any of his other creations, but when I feel I might have to or must it leaves me upset, AppDefend and RegDefend are just amazing, the problem is they are being left behind by the rest of the pack, time moves on, so does malware, we need new versions to stay protected, if it was my choice I would stay using Jasons creations :)

Fluffy

6. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

MsfluffyMuffin,

My problem with your posts were the insults - calling it GS Crapware - or stating the you don't like Jason, that Wilders should close him down, etc. That seemed childish, unfair and rude. And later, in the same thread, you praised the very same software that you just labled crapware, and stated you were only disappointed with his lack of communication.

What you said was fickle at best. That smelled like a troll to me. I cannot respect what you said. Many of us here understand your frustration, believe it or not. But how can someone (you) who supposedly is only concerned with someone else's (Jason's) lack of communication, think that name calling and personal insults is helpful to that end? Should I treat you that way, if I can rationalize it?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2007
  7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Jason has responded in this thread. Any further personal conversations should be done off these forums.

Off topic posts will be removed without notice.

8. Brother Esau

Brother Esau Registered Member

Damn whats going on here? Man cut the guy a friggin break allready! I know that I do not post on this forum allot and allot may not like what I am about to say for that very reason. In light of what I just said all I can say in my defense is that I have been coming to this forum for quite a long time and hell I even remeber when Jason was working at DCS I supported his work then and even a few years later as a independant I continue to support his work. Why because the guy takes pride in what he does and also cares about the quality in his product which takes allot of time when you work by yourself and have to do everything! All of you guys that are raining on Jasons parade need to STFU allready! I say this for the mere fact that I specialize in Hand Reproduced 18th & 19th Century Period Furniture reproductions the really swank stuff and I can say through eperience that I have spent up to 600 hrs just making one 18th Century Period Piece but.......the finished product is Museum Quality rivaled only by the Original Masters. And ya know what? Some of you guys remind me of my customers how come its not done yet?, Whats taking so long?, Why so much...Bla, bla, bla ,bla,. I mean really guys! This applies to all of those who wish to break balls when you don't have a clue to whats involved labor and time wise STFU and DO IT YOU'RE SELF OR DON'T COMPLAIN!!!!!

God I just love seeing crap like this its always the same old thing THOSE THAT CANT DO TALK A GOOD GAME BUT IN THE END....YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  9. MsFluffyMuffin

MsFluffyMuffin Registered Member

@ Brother Esau: Well what can I say, I have personally PM'd Jason and apologised for letting my own feelings get the better of me, for which Jason has been most understanding and kind, I can only hope that the others have done similar.

I hate to say this, you talk about 'us' the ones that got a bit to emotional, yet you sit there doing the same thing, truth is its easy to preach certain things, but harder to do, we are all human and emotional, sometimes, sometimes we let them get the better of us, I for one thing am sorry to Jason and the many wonderful people here that this thread got so bogged down with bad feelings and emotions, I'm truly sorry to/for all :'(

Personally I hope we can all just learn from this and move on, I thought the ronjor post had put a line under it all, I hope this is the last of it for all our sakes, please can we all just realise we are all human and make mistakes and just move on from this, can we please get back to what we are here for!

Hugs,
    Fluffy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.