AppDefend v1.300 Alpha screenshots

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Jason_R0, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodehard

Rodehard Registered Member

I usually just pass on by but, thought I would drop a comment just this once. I too paid (for whatever beta version it was then) on faith to support a product I deemed promising. For almost a year I eagerly checked the forum each morning as part of my routine. Its now fairly obvious that I have been, as they say, ripped off. I still check the forum everyday but not for Ghost updates. I no longer have faith in the product or developer and would not install the product even if it came out this year or next, or next, or next. As far as Im concerned Wilders should close the Ghost Security forum as it did Diamond for pretty much the same reasons.

2. MsFluffyMuffin

MsFluffyMuffin Registered Member

Like Rodehard, I feel the same, Jason has totally lost the plot when it comes to public or customer relation's, he make's broken promise's, he fob's us all off with screenshot's and lil' toys, the reality is he's just playing or buying time for himself for whatever reason that is, I guess most of us have stopped caring or wondering why!

Oh god who care's anymore, I used to really like Jason and Ghost Security software, but I have moved on and don't really care either, someone at Wilders should close these forum's down and archive them, what's the point in them anymore, the only *real* support for Jason's product's are coming from the user's, as great as this is the user's can't keep up development only support each other.

I total love and respect all the user's here, people here are amazing and wonderful bunch, but I no longer like or respect Jason, he's stopped caring and respecting us all, so why should we support him by buying his crapware :mad:

Sorry Jason, but oneday you will look around in here and it will be empty and silent, I really hope you will be happy and pleased with yourself, with what you have achieved, but you know what? no one else will care one bit and you will be alone in here, I just hope your good at other stuff, because you won't be getting a penny, cent or whatever for your creation's, yeah whatever, who care's :p

3. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Indeed - just removed the last copy of GS from my machines - procsecurity has been developed and then overtaken GS in the period since the last update real

4. MsFluffyMuffin

@ starfish_001: Do you mean ProSecurity? I haven't yet tried this one, is this any good?? I have seen a HIPS comparison and test that put it at #1 , maybe I will give this one a go, thanks starfish_001 :thumb:

Fluffy oxo

5. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I would say that it is now a 2 horse race SSM or prosecurity. Appdefend and Regdefend are not as robust in the current form

I have tested PS from ealry beta I'd say it is very good. Review here http://wiki.castlecops.com/Prosecurity

Until recently I'd had always liked SSM better but version 1.3 is very good.
    I have changed over to PS on my main machine full time

6. MsFluffyMuffin

Thanks starfish_001 for the link and info :thumb: , I have just downloaded the trial and going to give this a try, sound's really good to me, I can't wait to give it a test drive :D

I think your right about it being a 2 horse race, I use to use SSM in the early days (maxcomputing) , but switched to Processguard, and then to AppDefend, but I have on and off thought about switching back to SSM, it's improved so much over the years, I guess I just liked AppDefend's ease of use and interface, but now it's time to move on, and ProSecurity look's like it might be what I'am looking for, so thanks again for the link and information :thumb:

Fluffy oxo

7. Hillsboro

Hillsboro Registered Member

I PM'd Paul about this last spring... that it was time to get rid of Jason and his ongoing scam. I think if enough of us PM Paul he might decide to send Ghost Security packing...

The name Ghost Security is rather apro pos. A ghost is something intangible... Maybe it was Jason having a bit of sport with all of us suckers... his cute play on words... time for Ghost Busters to be called to exorcise Jason from Wilders so no other trusting people get buggered Aussie style by him.

8. Hillsboro

I use SSM... but there haven't been any updates in about 4 months and I don't no if it is going to be let go... Prosecurity seems to be actively developed still. SSM it so far ahead of AD and RD.

9. Rodehard

Rodehard Registered Member

Good idea but then I would have to admit to not knowing his nick. Dust off the FAQs I guess and figure it out.

10. MsFluffyMuffin

Yeah, that sound's like a really great idea, so does anyone know Paul's nick so we can all PM him ?

What I kinda find interesting is this, where is Jason, not one comment from him, oh wait I know where he is, he's probably off paint brushing a few more screenshot's in Photoshop, either that or creating the next toy, what's it this time Jason, anothertoytobuytime v0.1 alpha , maybe a few more lil' cute ghost's pasted into the graphics will make us forget we have been suckered :rolleyes:

In the mean time I have been giving ProSecurity a test drive, and considering giving Online Armor a spin, feel's so good to move on from Jason, my only concern is to help prevent anyone else being suckered in to buying GS crapware!

11. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

I enjoyed reading things here at Wilders and I had also learnt some lessons from doing so. I was also one of the paid GSS "forever" beta customers. Since then I had been looking at other security products and I was a beta tester for some. The important lesson for me will be in future if there is some beta software which holds promises I will not chip in any money for it. Instead, I will try to join the beta testing team and contribute my time to make the final product better and maybe get a discount or even a free license for the final version. I think it is a more logical choice.

12. topmoxie

topmoxie Registered Member

Well you would think that after Jason has spent this long on this product he would want to finish it, perhaps he has too many irons in the fire and lost his focus, bear in mind Ghost Security rates high, but I for one am moving on, I dont believe he is working on or even cares about this anymore, I would warn everyone to not purchase this product

13. marcus_mac

marcus_mac Registered Member

Pro Security are offering a 35% license discount to migrate over from a competing product.

14. Hillsboro

Paul's nick is: Paul Wilders

15. Hillsboro

Absolutely right, I think he is milking it for every last euro/dollar he can until he gets binned here. I sent just emails to Visa/Mastercard International and asked them to open an investigation (I should have done it long ago) and put a hold on his ability to run credit card transactions based on two years of deceptive advertising and failure to deliver a finished product in a timely manner. His prices are over the top too. 39.95usd... I was dumb, and can't do anything about it now, but I can try to keep some other people from paying for what is vapor-ware...

It really bothers me that Paul has let this go on much too long too. Maybe he is trying to give Jason time... but there has to be a limit given he is collecting money from people... if it was free alpha's or beta's he was dragging on there wouldn't be a cause for complaint...

16. MsFluffyMuffin

@ marcus_mac: Thanks for sharing that bit of info with us all, 35% sound's like a great and tempting offer :D

@ Hillsboro: Hey thanks for looking that up and letting everyone know, I'am going to PM him tomorrow, I'am kinda tired and it's time for me to hit the hay!

Please please please can more people PM Paul, the more that PM him the more chance of Paul taking action :)

17. marcus_mac

marcus_mac Registered Member

Hey you're welcome the link is: http://www.proactive-hips.com/discount.php - theyre also offering a 30% discount if you recommend the product online or submit an unknown bug to them. I traded in my Process Guard license.

I personally have lost patience waiting how many months (?).. despite being a big enough fan of Jason's work - I have paid up licenses of all the DCS and Ghost products. I've probably paid for a wing mirror on a Ferrari by now I feel. In my own personal opinion it seems like when DCS split up, it clearly impacted Ghost's ability to cope with the workload of developing and supporting the products as quicklly (ahem) as we need and this is the result. Maybe he'll prove us all wrong one day. But right now its a dangerous world and I aint that patient ha ha!!

I think 35% discount is a bargain for PS, I got an unlimited home license for £20 and it has thrashed AD in most tests, also includes a Reg Defend capability. It feels very secure in use and has most of the AD wish list options built in - keylogging protection, install modes. I hope to see AD challenging it when completed but until then it's PS for me..

Some light at the end of the tunnel for all us disgruntled paid up over trustworthy Beta users.

I just hope this will galvanise some action from the Ghost team.

18. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Personally i would rather wait a further 2-4 weeks to see what the new beta brings before i buy chinese program.....30% discount or not, that i know very little about.

Yes, i'm as critical as anyone else and maybe sometimes even a bit too much, but i honestly hope Paul won't take the Ghost section down just yet. I simply do not think it's a scam or anything like it from Jason's side, i have a pretty good idea why everything hasn't transpired like we all would have like it to......those of us who found Appdefend interesting enough to buy a license even before it was close to a release.

So i'll wait to see what happens and i'm actually still very interested to see what it is like the new beta...................................believe it or not. :)

19. MsFluffyMuffin

Well, I think the truth is Don, that most if not virtually all here don't really believe that there will be a new release in the next 2-4 years (or centuries...haha) , so 2-4 week's ? I and other's just don't or can't see it to be honest, but I admire and respect you for what you believe and say, your a really great person, million time's better then most of us feel Jason deserves right now, but I personally can't keep investing time and emotion's into something that will probably never happen, either way I respect you and the other's like you Don, nice to have you here at Wilder's :thumb:

Hmmm....well another day has passed and not a word from Jason, no comment's , screenshot's or new lil' toy's for us to play with, either he's dead, on holiday, busy reading a book or just doesn't care any more, I guess I was hoping for something, even an angry comment telling us to shut and stop whining, geesh...I don't know what I expected or wanted, but totally silence, crap, I'm off to PM Paul, the total lack of interest, caring and defence on Jason's part has swung it for me :mad:

not so fluffy today :'(

20. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Personally, i'm new to all this. But i expect a release this year at least, i can't imagine anyone saying what Jason says without wanting to complete the program.
    My guess is he keeps bouncing on Windows uncharted territory, or Vista got in the way, etc..

For all others who are new too, lets leave it alone.

21. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Don

Not sure that is a totally fair assesment about ProSecurity. I mean after Kaspersky is Russian, and someone could say the same thing. That wouldn't be fair either.

I honestly felt the same way about ProSec as you did at first, but then based on a recommendation I gave it a try, and ended up buying a site license. Protection wise it does very well, and in terms of installing itself, and other software, and the hassles involved, frankly it is just about tops.

I also agree with your assesment about Jason. Definitely not a scam, and there are indeed "other" factors, but the bottom line is if you are going to take money for software, you do have a certain responsibility, and he is falling way short.

Cheers,

Pete

22. Don Pelotas

...........................................and you don't have to agree! I'm just trying to say it's a strange thing to jump into a thread in what is a vendor forum under the perhaps difficult circumstances and recommend a competing program of little known origin which btw might be gone in 1-2 years too, it may be good or it may not be good, but that wasn't my point. My point was that this is the Ghost security forum. :)

23. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Don and Peter,

I agree with both of your comments above. I think the main issue here is voluntarily paying for beta software assuming a final product would be released soon. I, for one, have both alpha and beta tested the Ghost Security products and think they all have very promising potential. The quality of Jason's alpha and beta releases rival many competitors final versions and I do eagerly await further releases. I chose not to pay (purchase) up front for the software (mainly because of my monetary situations here) but by no means default those that did. That was a decision each one of us had to make. I do realize the frustration that one may feel after parting with money and the communication on Jason's end has almost become nil except for a rare occasional update.

I also do not believe in any way that Jason is scamming us or that that is his intentions. None of knows what may or may not be going on Jason's private life whether it be personal or professional. He may have very good reason as to why these periods of silence from him have occurred. I for one am totally willing to wait to hear whatever the status is from Jason before I decide to "jump ship". I honestly believe that Jason will be around and continue to develop his software after he overcomes whatever is causing the slow progress at the moment. Only time will tell.

I think it would be a mistake to close the Ghost Security forums until an educated well-informed decision can be made as to the status. Everything so far is pure speculation and I would not like to see these parts of these forums closed on on this speculation.

I definitely agree here that the recommendation and discussion of competing products is totally off topic and definitely does not belong here in the Ghost Security forum. Actually, I am a bit surprised that a moderator has not jumped in on this issue as Wilders usually has a reputation for keeping threads on-topic and posted in there appropriate forums.

This has just been my thoughts and two cents worth on this issue.

24. Hillsboro

I have to disagree with you... The biggest issue here is Jason persistent lack of timely communications... Actually none other than empty promises... He sets release time windows (next week, next month) and misses then and never says a word here. Screen shots... is all we get... he doesn't respond to customers emails... Sorry Don, but I hope Paul brings an end to this... that or Jason stops asking for money to support his cause... no nag screens, no Credit Card POS link.

You want to see Paul give him more time and a few months back you were saying the the same as many of us now... when Jason made his last "release soon announcement that went nowhere just as the one a month ago did that was suppose to be a week.

As far as people recommending other software here I have seen that done all the other support sites here too. Wilders is an open forum... not a company run support site such as Kaspersky's. And what does Prosecurity being a Chinese program have to do with anything? That is like me saying SSM is Russian program... So?

I mentioned Aussie in one of my comments in the context that Jason was from DCS and we all know what happened to DCS here and the that history has shown, Jason has taken the same path as DCS... A history that Jason has written himself. DCS buggered a lot of people and Jason is doing the same, not by what any of his detractors have said... but by what he has done... all someone has to do is read what Jason has said then look at what he has delivered.

25. Don Pelotas

Fair enough.

Yes, i have ranted about this and frankly got it out of my system. I don't see any rules prohibiting me from moving on and see things in a slightly different light now than i did say 6-12 months ago. The simple fact is that i do not want to kick someone possibly on the way down, it means just that....i don't want to, nothing more nothing less. It doesn't mean i'm not frustrated, critical or agree with much said regarding the information level........regarding the so far nowhere to be seen release of the product i bought over a year ago......because i am/i do, but it's out of my system.

I'm pretty sure that Eset/ewido/AVG/Acronis which has their official forum here too wouldn't allow recommendations to jump ship to another program offering discounts in a situation similar to this one even if their official forums are hosted in a forum which also has open sections also. To me recommending buying the next hyped program with an equally unpredictable future just because we're pissed that nothing is happening right now regarding AppDefend seems like overreacting.

Call me crazy, but i think the next AD beta will be out in the next 2-3 weeks..................it's just a hunch of course and perhaps i'm too optimistic, but thats what i think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.