Appdefend out of beta?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by betauser2, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

just wanted to know if Appdefend is out of beta yet?

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

No, AppDefend is still in beta with a new beta version expected in the next couple of weeks ;) ...

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Hi Kent

Is this based on some inside knowledge, because Jason said the same thing (1-2 weeks) on the 5th of january? :)

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Don,

I do not really have any "inside knowledge" as to a date, so that is why I tried to make a vague response of a couple of weeks as I expect the next release sometime this month. I do know a lot more research had to be done on this next beta and progress is moving along well. So it would not surprise me to see it soon, but then again when you are dealing with beta's you never know ;) ...

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I agree and only asked because you might have known something we didn't.:)

6. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

thanks puff

I'll wait for the next beta

7. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Is it out of beta now or at least only payware with no limited part? I just updated it since I got the trial today and now it doesn't say limited free version now, it just says trial o_O .

Just want to say, I love this product in the short time (2-3 hours) that I have been using it so I wouldn't be disappointed in laying down money for it, I just wanted to test it for longer than fifteen days to ensure full compatibily with all the nooks and crannies of my computer, oh well, it's all good :thumb: .

Alphalutra1

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I'm also interested to see what the free version of AppDefend will offer...

9. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

no offense but....i just don;t understand how someone who is obvioulsy intelligent enough to read this messageboard and is able to post on it can't read that this program is still beta. just amazes me......

i think it deserves a ban imho.

10. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Your statement is duly noted but "obvioulsy" [sic] most (if not all) of this comment is a bit off-topic. Let's try to stick to the topic like usual... And it is a lot more difficult to achieve a ban here at Wilders, BTW.

11. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

No offense either, but since AppDefend can already be purchased it makes it confusing.
    I know it's still in beta, but AFAIK beta's aren't sold.
    Don't get me wrong, I did purchase it, but still it makes me wonder. :rolleyes:
    Love to see the release version though when it's ready.
    Another great app by Jason. :thumb:

12. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Eldar,
    It is a little different to the way a lot of companies do business, but Jason has one thing going in his favour... his "beta" is generally better than what some companies have for their idea of "released" software.

I suppose that is one of the differences between larger projects with lots of staff and delivery dates vs smaller outfits that rely on excellence and good service delivery to distinguish themselves

13. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Agreed that his software is better then some releases I know about.
    Keep up the good work Jason. :thumb:

14. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

To explain my reasoning which was a question to begin with, I saw that the sticky of the forum stated AppDefend 1.000. I just downloaded the .exe installer for Appdefend yesterday, which the current version for download was 1.000. After installing it, I decided to update it. When I updated it, and it downloaded a large file and required a restart, which even the installation did not require, I began to wonder if it was out of beta. Also, as stated in a previous post by me, the trial statement was different. In addition, the version number was now 1.110. Hopefully this will help you understand my logic, as it was just a question. Banning is a little extreme, but to each his own(that is opinions)

Have a good day,

Alphalutra1

15. f3x

f3x Registered Member

Or the problem is to see what exactly beta means.
    As Jason pointed out this app is in beta only because the GUI is somewhat incomplete. As he's concentrating on the inner aspect of the work rahter than the GUI my guess is that the application will stay in beta for a long time ;)

If you massively want to use feature like log pannel etc .. you'll understand why it's in beta. If you use it on the more day to day basis, the product is perfectly usable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.