Appdefend 1.00 is final or still beta?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by xtree, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Hi Everyone!

I am a newcomer here. Could anyone answer my question: Is AD 1.00 is final or still in beta phase?
    I have been using Regdefend for about a year. Congratulations, Jason!
    Now I am thinking of switching over from PG to AD but could not find any up- to-date info on the latest feed-backs on AD 1.00.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Hi,
    Its still in beta and in its current state it provides a fair amount of protection
    In comparison to PG there has been a thread or two discussing the differences

Both AD and PG have suffered through lack of updates as newer kill methods have come out and they do not yet handle the newer methods. I am not saying that either of them either will or won't do in future because nobody other than the developers there actually knows

Hope this helps

3. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Thank you Gottadoit for the fair info. :thumb:
    Which one would you recommend for an average user?
    May I ask you what progs you use to protect your system from the different threats circulating on the net?

Xtree

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Both are simpler to use compared to SSM or PS. For the average user processguard may be slightly easier to use. However i find i prefer appdefend, it never gave me any problems like processguard did and its not that hard to use.

5. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Hi Farmerlee,

Thank you for your thoughts.
    I also tried AD several times and like it very much.
    But it is a bit strange that it has been in beta for a year now. Also no reply from Jason regarding disappointment of his customers. Anyway, it is right: take it or leave it. :oops:

Don't you know about any test reviews tying to compare the two progs in an objective manner?

6. farmerlee

I haven't seen any tests but i have read a few reviews about them.
    One good thing about the current beta version of appdefend is it actually does not expire even tho it says its a 15 day trial so you'll be able to give it a good trial.

7. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Hi, Farmerlee,

That is what I am doing now. I am really getting accustomed to it. :)
    I hope Jason is OK and he is working on an even better version. If it is so,
    I am going to jump ship.

8. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Current Ghost Security Suite in Beta Testing

Hi,

Does anyone involved in beta testing the current build of GSS have any news or input for the rest of us? :rolleyes:

9. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Version 1.20 which is an alpha version was just released.

10. Hermescomputers

Already got it thanks! :)

11. farmerlee

Its not working for me at the moment :(. Oh well back to the old beta until another release i guess. I was glad to see that it has multi processor support which will be good for my core duo system.

12. Hermescomputers

Hello Farmerlee

Mmm... Multiprocessor and Multi core are not exactly the same dude! One is a multi threading related Issue while the other relates more to an Operating system load balancing and distribution by the north bridge ie which Processor to send processing job... Multi core is more or less applications specific and is handled by the processors own internal load balancing and requires multi threaded applications to run properly. I think you are making a reference to being a multi threaded application while the Multi processor i.e. two physical processors in separate sockets are actually irrelevant in this case. It is easy to be confused since they are essentially doing the same thing...

you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  13. farmerlee

All i remember seeing was that on the startup screen it said multi processor support was enabled so i take that to mean that it was using the benefits of my intel core duo processor, hopefully :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.