AppCheck by CheckMal

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mr.X, Jan 16, 2017.

1. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Would it be unwise it install AppCheck on a system that is already protected by HMPA (CryptoGuard)? Would they interfere? I suppose so.

Edit: Or any program that potentially rolls back changes (WSA?).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  2. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

Good to see you here Ikko...Looking forward to the international launch of your excellent product.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  3. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Hi and welcome. Thanks for accepting my invitation. Hope you enjoy your stay in here.

4. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Always great to have the dev on Wilders :thumb:

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I don't think it's necessary. HMPA does a good job of catching the malware

6. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Agreed. I am running MMPA on one system and AppCheck on another and as far as I can see duplication is not needed especially if the system with HMPA is imaged already. But in the case of a system where is no formal imaging or back up of key data then AppCheck, IMHO, is starting to look like 'the ticket'.

Baldrick

7. Ikko Yi

Ikko Yi Registered Member

Hello @guest, Sorry for late reply,
    As Windows_Security has explained, it makes backup original files if AppCheck determines files are likely to damage.

8. Ikko Yi

Thank you for your warm welcome everyone!
    I'm pushing myself for releasing AppCheck for International version.

Meanwhile, here's an update.
    Payment method for purchasing AppCheck Pro outside Korea is now decided: It' will be PayPal.
    I had set it up and works great. It's in sandbox mode, I will switching to real-mode as soon as we make it public.
    Oh, I'm planning the time-limited discount offer for celebration to worldwide sales. Stay tuned ;)

9. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

Salutations/Greetings!

Windows Defender said that appcheck backup file is malware?
    Do you plan on correcting this with Microsoft?

Kind Regard's

10. Ikko Yi

@Moose World
    Do you mind to tell me either AppCheckSetup.exe installer file itself is detected my WindowsDefender as malicious or files which in (DriveLetter):\Backup(AppCheck)\somefile.ext is malicious?

As far as I know, AppCheckSetup.exe is signed with EV certificate, and it's reported as normal in Virustotal.
    https://virustotal.com/ko/file/ec10f41af9c47240687402026b26344584acbabe7c7c874dd1ad65b4abdb80d2/analysis/

If files in Backup(AppCheck) has detected as malicious, it probably malicious.
    In this case, you may want to switch off Real-Time Protection and delete the file then turn it on afterward.

Let me know if your problem persists, or trouble by removing them. I'm happy to help.

11. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Registered Member

Awesome news Ikko, great to see you here my friend.
    PeAcE

12. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Registered Member

@Ikko Yi
    Would love to see the option of purchasing a lifetime license for AppCheck Pro.
    This is one software I would gladly spend the cash on for a Lifetime license.

13. Peter2150

Hi Ikko

I have a question. Hopefully for you all Appcheck will become real popular. But I've notice that a good percentage of malware now recognizes it's in a vm or even in SBIE. How will you handle if Malware starts to recognize Appcheck is installed, and takes a turn in what it does.

14. boredog

boredog Registered Member

at some point will your videos be in English as well?
    I do not have a PayPal account. Is that the only way to purchase?

15. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Afaik, anyone that has a PayPal account can send a link for payments to his customers. From that point customers can choose to pay either with a credit card or debit card.

16. Peter2150

That's assuming it's a business and not an indvividual

17. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

PayPal accounts from individuals also have this feature. I have one acc. and I can ask payment via a link and email.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  18. Peter2150

Ah Learn something every day.

19. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

+1 here...potentially...this baby has real promise or so it seems. ;)

20. Peter2150

I don't think I reported on the last test. It was on a new one Serpent. I let this thing run impeded and it was encrypting everything, not just data. Then I installed Appcheck and watched. It was fascinating. Appcheck caught it and stopped it. But it kept restarting the process. Tug of war going on. Then watched what was going on in one of the folders. It was a tug of war with 4 files. They would get encrypted, appcheck would fix them, and this going on in a circle between the 4 files. It took a reboot to kill it.

21. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

I have a paypal account, I use it for one-off payments such as I will appcheck then immediately deactivate the card once the transaction has been confirmed, and that is usually instantly...Also you can use Visa\mastercard type giftcards if you'd rather.

22. Ikko Yi

Hello Peter2150,
    As far as I know, VM or Sandbox evasion/detection technique for malware is purposed to disguise the malware's behavior.
    So, when malware detects it's in VM/Sandbox, then it stops for further action, to make security product it's safe and sneak into your network or computer.

If AppCheck gets popular, I wish, and if some ransomware detects AppCheck's running, then anyway ransomware wouldn't run, and your files won't be encrypted.

23. Ikko Yi

Thanks for sharing your testing result. I'll check for Serpent case.

24. Ikko Yi

@_CyberGhosT_ @Baldrick
    I don't like to disappoint you, however, at this point we have no plan for the lifetime license.
    I believe developing a good software requires time. And as I'm running a small company, I think it is essential to have a continuous cash flow to extend the lifecycle. Some companies success, but many don't. Even with the very nice product, some fails because they couldn't make a full circle for flow.
    We want to keep developing the product better and better, and this will benefit our customers, and hopefully, you may understand our decision.
    I'm very appreciated for describing your trust and anticipation! This motivates me and my colleagues a lot. Thank you.

25. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Hi Ikko- What is the chance that there can be a method to directly restore Files protected by AppCheck from within the AppCheck GUI? It may make things easier for Computer Novices (and I'm glad that I don't have to do the coding!).

M

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.