Aomei Standard (Free Version) Removes Differential Option

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by TerryWood, Nov 1, 2021.

1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi @ Wilders

I updated my Aomei Free version yesterday and found out that the Differential Backup option has been removed unless you buy the Pro version.

Today I checked on their website and it clearly shows Differential as included. See attached image

No warning given about removal. They are entitled to do what they want but not the best way to go about it

Attached Files:

2. Floyd 57

Floyd 57 Registered Member

Just use macrium

3. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

As they (still) have the option Differential Backup for the Free (Standard) version in their comparison table, that's not o.k. Perhaps you should report the issue in their Forum (https://www.aomeitech.com/forum/).

4. Mooly

Mooly Registered Member

I would be more inclined to suspect something has gone awry with the update process rather than the differential option being removed.

As you use AOMEI... why not make a full a backup and then try uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Fwiw although I use the Pro version I do not normally update when new versions come along, partly because I've had weird experiences with AOMEI updates in the past. The latest version can wait until I clean install again which to be fair is usually every 12 months or so.

I would definitely make a new full backup and then either try reinstalling again (over the top of what you have) or uninstall and reinstall.

5. Bertazzoni

Bertazzoni Registered Member

I just checked and the site says differential is not included in Standard version.

6. Mooly

Mooly Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.