AOMEI Data Backuper 1.0

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by guest, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Thank you joe.:thumb:

I have windows 7.does it need the WAIK to actually create a recovery disk.?

2. tgell

tgell Registered Member

I have AOMEI installed on a laptop with Windows 7 and for me it is rock solid. It let me create a boot CD iso file without having to download the WAIK.

3. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi Red Moon :)

As tgell stated, Aomei makes it really easy in creating its recovery environment. if I recall correctly, it uses the Winre.wim file to add its program to for the PE boot disc it creates if using Windows 7, and I also agree with Joe and others, the latest version 1.6 is a simple and very solid application. I have used it several times, and it is both fast and reliable so far. it also creates a very useful recovery media with some nice tools for its operation. Overall, a very nice solution and a great price tag.....free ;)

have a good day! :)

Jim

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Thank you for your insight jim.

Have a good day also.:)

5. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I am having a problem backing up my laptop to my computer.

Yesterday I created a connection to a partition on my computer and successfully backed up the laptop. Today I want to create an incremental and is says it cannot make a connection, but it can connect to make a new backup. So not sure what is going on here unless it is a bug.

Both are running Win 8/64 fully updated and am connecting via wireless. I know cable connection would be quicker but don't want to do it that way.

Any ideas please.

6. Blutarsky

Blutarsky Registered Member

I am testing version 1.6.

Is anyone aware how to run a backup from command line?

Basically if a backup is scheduled to run, an item will be dropped into the task scheduler, such as

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\AOMEI Backupper\Backupper.exe" 
    with

Code:
    3b4cd0c8-2576-4e59-afff-024716f3291b 0
    as the parameter.

From command line this will fail. Btw some interaction occurs (dialog boxes), failing the script to run in unattended mode...

7. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

For those who have used this program for a while, would you say it does a reliable job compared to Active@ Disk Image?

dja2k

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  8. Jim1cor13

Hi dja2k :)

I cannot answer for Active@ program, but I can tell you that I have used this latest version 1.6 several times, also to do a complete disk restore, 2 partitions, and it was flawless and in my experience it is top notch with a very friendly UI. It works, and in the case of recently using it to restore a full disk image of 2 partitions, it actually worked better in my case than say Macrium, as i restored a full disk image with Macrium and it modified my extended partition geometry, changed it from I think 15F/H extended part to 5F/H but it did not cause issues, i did not realize the modification until i checked the geometry with Boot it bare metal (BIBM) and it stated the extended *should* be 15F/H and it was a matter of simply making the change within BIBM, but Aomei did not alter that geometry, so in this case, in my experience, the Aomei restore was exact whereas Macrium although restore was fine, there was for whatever reason, a modification of the type of extended partition I had...no idea why, but it was not a show stopper, just something easily fixed using BIBM.

So yes, I will say in comparison to most free imagers, Aomei 1.6 appears to certainly be both capable and has not failed to do its job reliably. Version 1.6 certainly so far appears to be very solid for most users needs. Impressive improvements and a free price tag to boot :)

Hope that helps! :)

Have a good day!
    Jim

9. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks Jim! :thumb:

dja2k

10. Jim1cor13

You're welcome dj :)

Enjoy Aomei, i hope it works well for you.

Jim

11. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

It does not officially support windows 8.1. I would like to know if someone has tried it on windows 8.1 ,and any issues regarding recovery.

12. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Did a backup and restored it successfully last night. No problems that I've seen so far.

dja2k

13. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I have not used AOMEI much but Active@ is my main image program. It is fast and has never let me down.

14. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

Works perfectly fine on 8.1

15. Tyreman

Tyreman Registered Member

Aomei 1.6 is darn good
    Better than A*****s
    Used it every which way and it plain works

16. Jim1cor13

Hi Tyreman :)

I agree 100% my friend. It just works, and that is all that matters. I recently tried a complete disk restore, 2 partitions, and it was flawless. For a free solution, it is at this time comparable to the "big boys" out there as far as backup and restore reliability, and bottom line, that is what counts.

Have a good night :)

Jim

17. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

Made backup and restored with out any problems .Thanks :)

18. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I hereby officially endorse and select this one as my personal preferred alternative backup solution for AX64 TM in event something goes wrong.

I just like everything about this one.

Regards EASTER

19. Jim1cor13

Hi EASTER :)

I agree my friend :) It is a very nice piece of imaging software, and I really like the interface and how easy it is to navigate it.

They have done a very good job so far with it and it has been very reliable for me.

Jim

20. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

It deserves some personal research from my end for sure because it contains plenty much and is also reliable for the price it asks.

Former DriveSnaphot loyal and before that Paragon.

Glad to see a good mix of varieties on our virtual shelves including freebies.

21. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Glad to see AOMEI works out for so many of you folks. I have had bad luck with this app, starting from a non-working boot cd generated. First time tried it and it failed me. Lost my interest and went back to IFL and Acronis. Acronis holds a pretty large edge on speed and compression engine. Although Acronis is not as solid as it used to be, it actually never failed me before.

22. Jryder54

Jryder54 Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

23. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Has anybody created a full disk image of a Linux/Windows dual boot system and did a recovery? Just wondering if it works. I created a full disk image but have not tried a recovery. I emailed Aoemi and they could not guarantee that the Linux partition would boot.

24. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

I would do a sector by sector backup and restore. Xp partitions won't boot unless I do a sector by sector backup and restore. This is a new program and it supports newer versions of Windows very well but not Xp and older versions and I would say the same for Linux and other non Windows Oses. Sector by Sector backup and restore should work as long as you are backing up and restoring to the same hardware and hard disk. I've had a few disk clones to a bigger disk that resulted in an Xp partition that wouldn't boot but I've had others that have worked. I've found that if Aomei backupper fails in a disk clone operation, Aomei partition assistant has always worked.

BTW, I just did a restore of an Xp partition and it went flawlessly. Sector by sector, of course. This is a great program and for most disk imaging purposes, I heartily endorse it. There is always going to be some system somewhere that it is not going to work well on but it is perfect for what I'm doing.

25. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

MisterB,

I have used AB to backup and restore my Win XP C-drive using the 'normal' (just XP's used sectors) AB and it worked perfectly, so I don't understand why you need to do an SBS backup. Do you happen to use an ISR app (such as Rollback Rx)?

Cruise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.