AOL IM

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I'm very much a novice when it comes to Instant Messaging, but I see where you can IM peolpe using CS. Can CS also be used to IM to other people that use AOL IM? If so, I seem to be having a little trouble. Is there a trick to it?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Daisie, You can only connect to another CryptoSuite user such as me :)
    When connected no one can inetrcept and read your messges, Your ISP, government agecies etc.

To try it I have set up a temporary server on:

IP address (Server): 82.6.95.65 Port: 5094 Password: pilli

See if you can connect as a client, you may need to allow CS outbound TCP connections in your firewall. I shall monitor CS for your connection and will reply if leave the connection running for a while.

Have fun Pilli. :D

Last edited: Jul 1, 2004
  3. Dazed_and_Confused

Sorry, Pilli. Busy day today. Didn't get a chance to try this until this evening. I guess the server is down. Maybe later. I will leave the settings in CS so I'm ready when you are! :D

PS. I read somewhere that you were going to put togehter something that detailed all the features of using IM within CS. Have you got around to making that doc yet?

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Daisie, I kept the server open until the evening, today we have had a long powercut, someone managed to dig up the cable!. I won't be on here much today as it's my daughters BD.

Can't remeber saying I would put a document together for CS but someone else might have :)

I'll try and put the server up over the weekend.

Cheers. Pilli

5. Dazed_and_Confused

Hope your Daughter has a fine BD, Pilli!

No rush. Whenever you get around to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.