anyway to check outgoing mail

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cameron Arnott, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sig

sig Registered Member

Email spam that says it isn't spam is still spam.

Notations in email that certify the email is virus free doesn't make the email virus free.

One shouldn't rely on any such claim or text on emails, even if it's legit and not spoofed. Treat all email as potential security risks until proven otherwise.

Don't trust someone else's AV to do the job either. I''ve received infected emails (that my AV caught) from people who swore their AV was up to date. Trust your own security practices first and then perhaps your AV, but no one's else's. ;)

2. Kym

Kym Registered Member

A lot of people out there have never heard of Nod so therefore would not feel any safer knowing the email had been scanned by Nod and lets face it, if you had never heard of Nod, would you trust a supposed anti-virus program called Nod32. Nod as in nodding off to sleep.
    The good part about having the message in the email would be that more people would learn about Nod and then hopefully check it out and then get it, thus making the web a safer place for us all

3. JayK

JayK Poster

Wrong Answer. Best way to avoid viruses, use your brain. My Dad isnt some hot shot antivirus expert like you (he can't name any antiviruses), but he has never being infected despite using hotmail

4. controler

controler Guest

You had to make me come here and mention this again didn't you?

I DO use NOD32 version 2.0 also
    BUT

here is the senerio again

You have a keylogger on your system.
    You allow your default e-mail program ( Outlook ) full access to the internet.
    The keylogger makes it timley communication via your e-mail client. The logger does not open a viewable outlook window but is just the same sending the mail.
    Your firewall does not kick on.
    BUT if you are using Norton and you have enabled the outgoing and incomming splash screen, once the logger trys to send that mail the splash screen WILL kick on. I know this for a fact !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now don't make me mention it again LOL

con

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.