anyone using the new ashampoo burning studio 8 yet

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

any real changes?? can it do cd audio text yet from file names and NOT the internet..i miss it figured id ask i have been having to many bad burns with imgburn lately and i dont have these with other software..so i am on the lookout again

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  2. zfactor

hmmm no one using versio 8 yet...

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

It does say v8 can import track data from the disc so it might be able to do what you mentioned. However i don't really know as i still use v7, v8 doesn't really offer any significant benefits imo so i see no need to upgrade.

4. zfactor

what i am reffering to though is burning a audio disc from mp3 and being able to use the track names

5. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Just curious: do you set the write speed at a supported rate when you use imgBurn? The supported write speeds are shown.
    I usually set at at 16x.

imgburn.jpg

6. zfactor

no it works fine till it tries to finalize the dvd+r's.. i do not believe i still have the logs for it but i get a error finalizing and something else let me see if i can try to find it.. on the and lightning uk among others on their forum say its bad media which is bs.. with ANY OTHER bunrning program so far i have tried on the same notebook with the same speeds and same drive i can burn them and finalize them and they play just fine.. its only imgburn. they tell me to update the firmware .. its already updated and as i said its only imgburn

7. zfactor

the message i get is this:

W 00:22:55 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (99%, 0/3) - Program Memory Area Update Failure
    W 00:22:55 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Program Memory Area Update Failure

but as i said imgburn is the only program i see an error witho_O

8. zfactor

bump .. anyone using this yet that can tell me.. i like ashampoo a lot but dont want to buy another lic if it doesnt do what i want.. i hate signing up for their trials they send out a million emails all the time.. pretty annoying.. thanks

9. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I own BS 8.0 but haven't had the chance to realy do much with it yet. Finding time this week is bad for a number of reasons but I can try sometime next week. If you can give me a step by step of what you're thinking, I'll see what I can do... :)

BTW, I was able to upgrade to BS 8.0 for $10 US. Tough to turn down at that rate! :D

10. zfactor

well i love bs7 so all i really want to know is if bs8 can actually write track names when going from mp3 to cd audio format?? so they will display on a cd player in the house or car.. so essentially can it write cd text when burning a cd-audio disc not the other way around (cd-audio to mp3) the only reason i dont use it as my main program is that.. thanks btw for any help

11. zfactor

well to answer my own question i tried it and no it does not write track names.. this imo is absurd when almost every other burning software on the market can do it.. so even though i love the program this knocks it out of the running for me..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.