Anyone Using The Avira Scout Browser

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Securon, May 26, 2016.

1. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Wondering other than the obvious Security Aspects, how does the Browser Perform on your system? Does it use a Specific Search Engine...or is it a Wholly Avira Product? Sincerely...Securon

2. Securon

Good Evening! Tried installing it and received an error message. Now I'm merely wondering, is this Browser Download dependent on having the Infamous Launcher Installed because I'm totally against the installation of this Uber Marketing Rubbish! Sincerely...Securon

3. Windows_Security

Windows_Security Registered Member

What I understand from the documentation, it is Chrome with Avira safe browsing, https everywhere and tracking protection. It does not mention Avirs's best buy funtionality but it is most likely included also.

4. Securon

Good Afternoon! Thanks for the feedback...Windows_Security! Not a Chrome fan...I'll stick with Firefox...hardened with Avira Browser Safety...U-Block 0rigin...and No Script. Was thinking of adding Vivaldi...but at this moment have a feeling it's not quite ready for Prime Time. But that being said, a year or two down the road it might and probably will be a different story. Sincerely...Securon

5. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Another rebranded Chromium browser with customized Avira settings.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  6. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

Avoid these Chrome "forks".

7. kaljukass

kaljukass Registered Member

If you manage to remove Avira rubbish, then you get obsolete Chromium. That is all. Completely unusable, want to say - manure.

8. Umbra

Umbra Registered Member

Just Chrome with avira's extension and some others. It was supposed to integrate the Avira database/cloud engine someday. let see.