Anyone using Geswall ever get infected / hacked etc

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Boost, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Ok Scoobs, thanks for your reply. And if you find any website or malware that can bypass GesWall, please let me know, because I removed Sandboxie and using GesWall now.

But as yet, I searched on google, and haven't found any weakness in GesWall, but I did find some reports of problems with Sandboxie.

And as 1000db posted above, his been using it for years and never had any malware defeat it.

2. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

What are some of these issues you mention? Can you list them for me please.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

geswall is as strong as sandboxie they protect the system in a diferent way but at the end you get a top notch protection with geswall or sandboxie:thumb:

4. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

lol, you don't get it do you? If Geswall has 10 users and Sandboxie has 100,000 users, which is likely to report more problems and malware bypasses when you google? I think I might create Scoobswall...it has 1 user, you wont' find any weaknesses on Google. It's far more secure than Geswall or Sandboxie. :D

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i am talking about personal issues in my system not speaking of all other members,for example when i had geswall on my browsing was very slow,not to mention i got couple of blue screens and other uninstall issues, at the end endded up deleting the program,but still the program is very good at protecting a clean system and keep it clean

6. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I am confused..... It doesn't seem that Geswall is isolating my IE sessions.

For example, I run IE in isolated mode using Geswall. Visit a few websites, and then close down IE. But when I then run Ccleaner, CCleaner reports that all the website files etc have been saved to my normal IE folder on my C:/Users/mozart/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temp...

But why? I thought Geswall isolates the IE session into a different location, and then when I close that isolated IE session, all the files would be removed.

Anyone tell me?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  7. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Ok, well tell me a single website or flaw or weakness in Geswall then.

It's easy playing with words as you are doing, and then you are trying to put me down in the process, but let's have a sensible and mature conversation without the insults. So tell me, what malware can get through Geswall?

Using the arguement that Geswall doesn't have so many users as Sandboxie does, which is an assumption btw, doesn't mean Geswall has a security hole.

So if one exists, tell me please.

8. Scoobs72

I think you're trolling. I'm backing out of this. I'll leave it to somebody else to pick this one up if they want.

9. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Wow, you sure are a nasty piece of work dude. I was asking genuine questions, and you attack me for no reason. I think it's because you cannot tolerate anyone having different opinions to yourself.

I believe you are breaking forum rules with your insults.

10. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Where in the world have you come up with the number of users for each software? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

11. Scoobs72

I've told you what I think and why your requests "Tell me a single website....." are meaningless. Either I'm not explaining it very well or you don't get it. All I'll end up doing is repeating the same statement over and over again. If you don't agree, fine. No problem to me. Either I'm explaining it badly, you don't understand, or you do understand but are trolling. Let's assume I'm explaining it badly and leave it at that.

12. Scoobs72

lol. 'IF' !! I said "IF"! IF IF!!!! I must be explaining this reeeeally badly lol. I'm trying to show why googling is a terrible way to determine whether a lighlty used piece of security software is not more secure than a heavily used one. IF IF IF!! lol

13. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I think you would benefit from reading Access Restriction Policy from GeSWall Online Documentation. GeSWall does not allow untrusted applications to modify (harm) resources.

14. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I never said I don't agree dude. That's why I am asking for a bit of evidence to your statements. But instead of backing up your comments, which it seems you are unable to do, you instead get nasty and insulting. I agree with Page42, you don't know what you are talking about.

15. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Thanks Page42. I will read that instead.

16. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Also, check out the Untrusted Files section, which may shed some more light on your understanding of GeSWall. :)

17. Scoobs72

Which statemento_O? I am suggesting why your approach of using Google to verify which application is more secure is pointless. Are you saying you want me to provide evidence that that approach is unsound and unscientific??

p.s. I apologise for suggesting that your responses appeared to be troll-like.

18. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Good link, thanks.

19. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Thank you Scoobs72. It was all a misunderstanding, and I value your feedback and opinions. And for the record, I installed Sandboxie again, until I can read more about GesWal and how it works.

20. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

GW doesn't virtualize files themselves, just registry entries. Files downloaded/created by an untrusted process such as IE, FF, Opera, etc. will be marked as untrusted. These files will be unable to harm your system. Think of GW this way: if Defensewall and SandboxIE had a baby it would be GeSWall.

21. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

100db cool explanation;)

22. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

23. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I think what scoobs might be referring to is that if you look at the forums of both products, SBIE has more active users reporting on using the software. GeSWall's forum on the other hand has less users reporting on their software. As I stated in your other thread, both are very good at what they do. You can't go wrong with either.

Ice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.