Anyone used Karen's Replicator for Backups?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by poirot, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poirot

poirot Registered Member

As i opted for a policy of making a complete Image every 15-20 days and a separate incremental-like Backup of 3 folders nearly everyday, obviously not with Acronis, i found today a very simple free tool like Karen's Replicator,which is capable of copying to another disk just the changed files.
    (http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp)
    This little program would be what i need to do these little daily backups,but is it SAFE to use with Acronis running its 2 or 3 files all the time from startup?
    I guess yes,but perhaps someone who used the two together...........

Also: i am running my XP Home without Scheduled Tasks Service (disabled), could this have any impact on normal, regular, non scheduled operations of Acronis, like Creating-Restoring images on demand?
    I guess not,but.....

2. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

No. ATI runs its own scheduler.

3. poirot

poirot Registered Member

I figured,Sandokan.

As to Replicator,since nobody objected i take it there are no complaints,so i feel free to use it.

Regards to Sandokan and to the island of Mompracem, :)

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have used Replicator for years, it is a fantastic backup program.

Cheers :D

5. poirot

poirot Registered Member

yes Blackspear, i've been using Replicator for just a couple of days now,but it is exactly what i was looking for to do the minor job alongside Acronis,
    and it does it freely and flawlessly.The program is so very simple and efficient. A paragon for all software writers imho.
    I read somewhere about its complexity...it seems to me-slightly more than a beginner in this field-that it is impossible to make mistakes with K.Replicator!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.