anyone tried the free one year bitdefender?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

I think something went wrong with the link

2. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Thank you for pointing this out to me-my initial mistake as I entered the postcode!

Anyway,have the key and will download

Best regards Hairy

3. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Thank you S4U and MacStorm for this! The key actually gave me 348 days of IS 2008! :D The funny is that it wouldn't work on the 2008 antivirus, but did work with internet security! I m good for a year! I actually like this very much. Very light!

4. Arin

Arin Registered Member

This is the link for the promotional offer.

5. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

Can anyone help with a bit of translation "Gutscheincode" and presumably "Land" is country.

This could be useful as I installed the 30 day trial last night of the Suite 08.

6. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Gutscheincode seems to be coupon code. Its security03 and yes Land is country. You can use Google language tool to translate the page and use the original page to get your license key.

7. greenhorn113

:thumb: Thanks, I will try.

8. greenhorn113

I am at work at the moment but have logged into my emails and a code has been provided.

Is that the only information required to register, I don't have access to the suite on this computer but usually when registering software more than just one entry is required.

9. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Yes, the license key is the only thing you'll need to register the product. However, you might want to provide some more information here to create a BitDefender account. Just give the promotional link of BitDefender as a place of purchase.

10. 031

031 Registered Member

does bitdefender IS provide any kind of proactive protection like kaspersky or online armor ?

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Hell if its free, it has to be good. Stratagic marketing ploy by Softwin. It may makes things interesting around here before Christmas.

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

It has a Behavior analysis part, like Kaspersky. It can be buggy, but if it works for you it is a good product.

13. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo Registered Member

Ok, so for what version of Bitdifender is this KEY for and which one do you recommend.
    Is it better than Avira Security Suite ?

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I am not sure about the key and what product of Bitdefender. As far as it being better then Avira, well let me put it this way. A free years subscribtion to the Bitdefender suite "is" better then a paid years subscribtion to the Avira suite.;)

Hope that helps.

15. JohnnyBravo

Hm, I am getting an Invalid Serial Length message

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

told you it was buggy.:)

17. Niels

Niels Registered Member

This key works only for Internet Security. All BitDefender keys are related to a particular solution of Softwin. So you can't use a key that was made for Antivirus to register Internet Security. Your key must 20 characters long.

18. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

yeah i installed this and it just didnt want to agree with my system.. i got first a cannot proceed something about assembly message when installing. i did a reboot then tried again this time it installed fine. i set up some things in the firewall and changed it to not allow a few programs... then what do i see one of those programs updating wtf?? so i check and those rules are gone.. and i know for 100% sue i set them up... okay fine fixed that and this time they work okay.. it did a update and asked me to re-boot kind of a pain.. okay fine i let it reboot and it hits windows and re-boots again hits windows and e-boots again... etc... i got to safe mode and disable it from starting up with jv16... now i can boot to windows fine i restart the program and all is fine with it... kinda crazy if you ask me..otherwise seems nice short of the barrage of pop ups from the firewall

19. JohnnyBravo

I bet we're all getting the same serial. I've registered 3 times with different emails and all 3 times I got the same serial number. The last 4 diggits are 83D8.

20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

yep, looks like a lottery winning number to me.:rolleyes:

21. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

same number here.. Guess since everyone got the same # there really isn't a limit to the number of PC's to protect in your house?

22. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well they are going to increase their user base with a deal like this, which can be a good thing or bad depending on how stable it works on the new users machines.

23. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i hope it will work on at least 2 pcs, as i will use it when my current licence expires, which is quite a while ;)

24. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

Since everyone is getting the same serial # I guess it explains why it says 347 days left instead of 365. Someone must have activated it 18 days ago. If someone activate it tomorrow, maybe he can confirm if the license says 346 days left?

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

It is a global serial number that became active 18 days ago and will expire 365 days after. Just a promotional code per say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.