Anyone tried SuperAdBlocker v5(Pre-release)?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Dermot7, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

No, I downloaded the product to check to be able to provide a feedback here to the OP. I also checked your forum meanwhile.

You've been promissing things for ages and instead of acting you've resorted to censorship. Epic fail. Also, drop this ad hominem stuff, I'm talking about your broken product. You failed to address that in any reasonable way, instead keep attacking me personally and accusing others of posting under fake accounts on your forums without any proof. You don't have any production stuff ready as we speak and offer a broken one for $30 to unsuspecting users instead on your webpage.

P.S. Uninstalling SAS from all computers I'm using as we speak. Enough is enough. Don't trust vendors like you any more.

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I have no issue with someone being upset that IS a customer. Most of the posters in this thread are NOT customers NOR users of the product, and really are here simply to jump on the bash bandwagon. I would be curious to see how many of the people here actually have developed and maintained software products and truely understand what's involved.

As far as the release and new site, when they are released we will work hard to rebuild the reputation of SUPERAdBlocker as a product.

3. doktornotor

You know - I don't need to know how to brew beer to be able to say that U.S. Budweiser is junk best used for washing toilets. :p

Rebuilding the reputation would be best done by refunding any user who paid for SAB and who asks for a refund; and - you'd better focus your effort on something you actually are able to maintain, such as SAS - not on vapourware products.

4. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

So now you have taken to bashing the United States of America and it's products. Brilliant.

As for our SUPERAdBlocker users, we are providing a free SUPERAntiSpyware Professional LIFETIME subscription to all our SUPERAdBlocker LIFETIME subscriber users on the new launch as well as waiving any renewals due for those that are not lifetime.

5. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

That's a great move....It will really help many consumers who have put their faith on you and your Super AdBlocker. :)

6. doktornotor

:D :D :D

Well... Seems like you are indeed severly overloaded and need a break. For serious bashing, see Urban Dictionary: Budweiser. Actually, that's not proper bashing, it's a statement of fact. It's also a disgrace to the proper Budweiser beer we keep producing here. At least the U.S. gyus are losing almost every trademark suit lately, since even the judges wouldn't drink that beer parody. :p

Great. At least they'll finally get something of real value with a couple years of delay. :D

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

May I remind all Wilders members to take a step back and while at it, read No offense?! Yes, really!!

If the personal attacks continue, there is only one resolution to this thread, its closure. Let's get back on topic!

8. falkor

falkor Registered Member

Nick .
    The doktor can be hard on people at times . I must admit though , I think you are being pretty harsh here . He tried the software . Or , at least , attempted to . That should allow him to question things about it . Personally , I like SAS . I think it is awesome . I have yet to attempt using SAB . But , my only problem was seeing how long it took you , or any moderator in the know , to actually respond in your forum to questions about a " new " release . No bashing here at all . You and I had a falling out over your customer service folks at one time but , I am being fair . Once released , SAB will probably rock . SAS is awesome . We had a falling out yet , I still use your product . Just a kind suggestion ; keep folks in the know when something is mentioned about a new product or release . If you get behind , let us know . I still like you Nick . I like SAS . I hope you can get the wheels back on and roll with SAB just as well !
    God Bless my " friend "

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I agree, providing more up to date information and communcation will help things in the future, and I will do that.

As for "doktor" trying the software, he was bashing before he tried the software.

I will provide information here as we go along towards release and the new site.

10. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

This is an in general response, nothing personal -

I think this is the central issue in the complaints. Most people do not understand how software is developed and maintained. It's the developers and company spokesmen who people turn to for answers. The developers and spokesmen are the ones who should know more than anyone else whether a new build or web site is likely to happen or not. Frustration occurs when these educated minds make promises that over time consistently come to pass as empty. I think people question the motivation behind the empty promises.

It's nothing specifically against you as there are a number of software companies that have promised updates, builds and web sites that have resulted in delay after delay, which turn into months or years at a time. Those companies have been criticized as well, and deservedly so.

11. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Agreed. That is exactly why when asked "When something will be done" I typically respond with "When it's done.". After developing software for over 25 years, it's impossible to "pin down an exact date" because there are SO many factors involved.

The problem is, the general public does't understand how a "developer" can't pin down EXACTLY when it will be done - so we end up forced into giving "best case", or "worst case" answers, which can end up not coming true as other factors come into play despite our best laid plans. We work nearly 7 days a week, 365 days a year to maintain and create our software, we don't delay ANYTHING on purpose.

The bottom line is that communication is the key.

12. falkor

falkor Registered Member

Amen to your last line in your last post Nick ! Keep rolling . :cool:

13. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Why dont you guys go to the pub and discuss this, and stop this **** now, Its become bloody moronic and boring to read, in fact why the heck hasnt this topic been intercepted yet :doubt: * Ding ding ding* Oh look the school bell is ringing, time to stop play children :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.