Anyone tried SuperAdBlocker v5(Pre-release)?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Dermot7, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Thank you very much, we are very proud of our hard work. What product did you create?

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

would the 30 million users be 30 million pauing users, or does that include those who grab the product from sharing websites (i.e cracked or stolen ID's) as I'm sure it must contribute somewhere along the line.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

You can claim whatever reasons you like about why updated releases are slow and a promised new site is not yet here. I'm not sure anyone really cares at this point. Just check out the reviews of SAB over the past two years or so on download.com- generally pretty negative.

http://download.cnet.com/Super-Ad-Blocker/3000-7786_4-10295147.html?tag=mncol

So you deleted every post in your SAB "General Questions" forum? It's your forum so I guess you can edit it as you please. Many of those posts were critical of updates not being released, I suppose you are claiming that all of them were posted by the same person? Seriously, this negativity about SAB has went on for years. And it's not because people are going out of their way and attacking you without reason. It's because you have made numerous promises about updates to SAB which take several months or even years to come true.

You were here on Wilders about 6 months ago pimping your new beta of SAB with promises of new builds and a new SAB site being up in November 2009. The previous release of SAB was quite old at that point. So the current delay is really not a big surprise to anyone.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Uh, WTH is going here? Seriously, if you don't have time to develop that SuperAdBlocker thing, then stop charging for it I'd say? Fact being your customers who don't want to use beta stuff are stuck w/ almost 3 years old pretty much unusable version of the thing and even the pre-release stuff has serious trouble w/ uptodate browser versions.

EDIT: Oh, and this is really "mature" way to deal with bugs and feedback from disappointed customers:

:thumbd: :cautious:

5. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I am restarting the thread on our forum to remove all the fake posts that were done from 6 users registering from the SAME IP and posting negative comments.

Now that we have our new installer that was developed for all our products, we'll be updating that with the build - if real people have problems, they can post and we'll tackle them - I think I already made it clear that we have brought on staff to make this all possible.

6. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

It's impossible to count every stolen or cracked version of our, or anyones, software.

7. doktornotor

C'mon... The thing is outdated, broken, you've been unable to release an updated final version for ages... Restarting the thread? Smells like BS, sorry. Why are you charging money for a product that's pretty much unusable as it is when you yourself admit you don't have time to keep it up-to-date?

8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We update the ad-blocking definitions inside the product, and always have. Are you a user of the product or just here to try and bash?

9. doktornotor

Wonderful. Updating ad-blocking definitions is useless when the thing fails to work with the browser at all. I'd suggest you stop wasting time here defending a definitely broken software and spend the time on fixing it instead. Also, censorship of your forums won't fix it either.

10. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Again, are YOU a user or just a basher?

11. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Whether it is cracked or something else, but still u can see that people are using their software, its a good thing that they like the product...And for a company it is really impossible to collect each and every illegal crack or stolen license keys....And you must agree with this...

12. doktornotor

Again, are you going to fix the SW and release something final, or not? Pretty pathetic what you've shown here, to be honest. :thumbd:

13. AvinashR

Hi Nick,

1 thing i would like to say that you should not react on every comment, some people love to bash.

14. AvinashR

Oh Jesus !!

Guys we are here for good things, not for bashing and all. At least we can speak in a better and respectful manner, so that the temperament of this thread will remain calm and sooth. :)

15. doktornotor

Well, you know what? Go download SAB official release from here and try to use that in current FF version. Good luck with that. They charge money for this, you know? For unusable SW. Accompanied by a Firefox logo on the product homepage. A legitimate criticism of broken product and dislike for mis-excuses is NOT bashing.

16. AvinashR

Unusable means? Is it not working software or what? o_O

17. doktornotor

Yes, that means exactly that. It does NOT work with Firefox 3.x at all.. So, there is NO way to use the official non-beta releases w/ a supported FF version. Also, no way to use that w/ IE 8. Not even to mention that it doesn't work w/ Opera and Chrome-based browsers at all even in the beta thing.

FYI, SUPERAdBlocker Pre-Release w/IE8 and Firefox 3.x Support thread - I guess it will get censored soon as well. :rolleyes:

So - how on earth does one dare to charge "only" $29.95 for this absolutely avades me. :thumbd:

18. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We are releasing a final version of SUPERAdBlocker. Yes. Again, are you a user?

19. AvinashR

Hmmm i see. But bro, why you getting so much hyper? I have saw your posts and i have found you a very gentleman, but today i am not able to understand why are you getting so hyper? I guess you have paid for this software that's why you keep bashing the product.

Anyways i respect you and your comments but i think you should ask the developer in a better manner rather bashing him and his product. :)

I hope you won't mind...:)

20. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

@doktornotor - you continue to "EVADE" (not avade) the question of "Are you a user?" YES or NO?

For others reading this:

It works in Firefox 3.x through 3.5. We do not yet support Firefox 3.6 because, as great as Firefox is, the open source nature means they change the internals EACH time they do a release a developers such as ourselves have to re-invent the wheel each time - Microsoft at least maintains backwards compatibility. We are trying to get plugins completed for 3.6 and the upcoming 3.7, but we can't do 3.7 until the final drops because they have changed code up to final releases in previous versions and it ends up wasting our resources. The tough part of open source.

As for Opera and Chrome - Opera provides no easy way, besides using a web-proxy to filter all web traffic (can really slow down surfing) to integrate ad-blocking. We are watching the growth of Chrome and are looking into support if it will allow plugins.

21. doktornotor

When? Next week? You've been launching the new website "next week" since about January or so. And you've been releasing the new final version for almost 3 years.

Seeing this thread, I downloaded and tested your product, I found it absolutely unusable with any even remotely uptodate browser (FF 3.x, IE8, Opera, Chrome) and uninstalled it because I have no use for such junk, let alone I'd pay for it.

FYI, that FF logo on the site - it's illegal to use such deceptive advertising in my country. Because it doesn't work with any version of FF supported by Mozilla Foundation.

Honestly, I'd refund everyone who bought this vapourware and drop the product if I were you.

22. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Ok, so you weren't and aren't an actual user, just a typical bandwagon basher that jumps on threads to try and stir the pot. Thanks for clarifying that for us.

As far as SUPERAdBlocker Pre-Release - It does work with IE8 and it does work with Firefox 1x - 3.5x. We never listed Opera or Chrome.

23. doktornotor

Ah, yeah... stirs the pot. Yeah I'm not your customer because I tend to test stuff before paying for it. I was an actual user for about an hour, which was the time required for me to find out that the product cannot be used at all on any of my computers which are kept uptodate with browsers development. So - no way would I pay for such junk.

Sadly, there are probably many people who paid for your product years ago, presumably relying on the reputation of SAS. It's been working back then, it's been ~3 years ago though which is ages in terms of browsers' and SW development. You failed to maintain the product properly since then. Failed big time.

Yeah, that's not what you offer for download anywhere on the official site and that's not what people are paying for. You are expecting people to pay $30 for beta-testing your SW that you presumably won't ever release in final version? Uh.

:thumbd:

24. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

So when you came to this thread, you simply were looking for a stage to bash someone - got it.

As for our release, we will have a final release that supports the new products we have listed.

25. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I don't think you really have a lot of room to criticize people for being upset with your unfulfilled promises. This has not went on for just a few weeks or months. You have consistently claimed a new final release and new web site for a long time now. This thread would not be where it is now had you not made a lot of promises you never kept. And now you have more staff to help with the SAB development? Right. And a final release is right around the corner, again? Sure thing. And the new web site with relevant information will be up soon? You betcha. I am not sure many people believe much of anything you claim at this point. Even if a new final release and new web site came out tomorrow I'm not sure how well it would go over considering the negative history of SAB. But handling things the way you have was your decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.